Campagnolo 11s Toolkit

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

robertbb

by robertbb

Hi Weenies,

The time has come for me to invest in a suite of good tools and a few books so I can work on my two Campagnolo 11s (Chorus) bikes. Aside from the odd bit off tuning here and there, I am a complete newbie and rely on my bike shop for pretty much everything...

So, help me out :-) What are the tools I will need to be able to completely strip/build my bikes, and also maintain them? From a learning point of view, obviously the Campagnolo website and youtube channels have a lot of information on them, but I'd love to grab a good printed book/manual on everything Campagnolo 11s - does such a thing exist?

Cheers,
Rob.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

digitalnorbs

by digitalnorbs

only thing I can think off right now is tool to take off the bb cups.

everything else is just alen wrenches

HammerTime2
Location: Wherever there's a mountain beckoning to be climbed

by HammerTime2

Some of the bolts require torx "wrenches" as opposed to Allen wrenches (hex keys).

Powerful Pete
Location: Lima, Peru and the Washington DC area - it's complicated.

by Powerful Pete

Chain tool, cassette tool...
Road bike: Cervelo R3, Campagnolo Chorus/Record mix...
Supercommuter: Jamis Renegade...
Oldie but goodie: De Rosa Professional Slx, Campagnolo C-Record...
And you can call me Macktastik Honey Pete Kicks, thank you.

claus

by claus

Did you get the instruction manuals for all Campagnolo components on your bike? AFAICT those list the tools that are required, e.g., Torx T25, 5mm Allen wrench.

surftel

by surftel

I like the 10mm crank tool. Don't waste the money on the chain tool, just use the KMC 11 quick links. Otherwise all pretty standard....although I am looking at the bearing puller for the cranks, that would be nice

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

BobSantini

by BobSantini

Campy or compatible chain tool unless using KMC chains. Then you may want missing link pliers for chain removal.
B B cup tool - spanner same as Shimano torqued with weighing scale or use Campy socket with large torque wrench.
Crank spindle bolt tool - long Allen wrench (Pedro's is good) torqued with a weighing scale or Campy long Allen bit torqued with large torque wrench.
Campy compatible cassette tool.
Small torque wrench with a T25 Torx bit and hex bits for brifters and brakes. Useful for stems and other things too.
I found a short extension was necessary between the wrench and the torx bit for the brifters.
Cable cutter or Dremel.
You may or may not require a pedal spanner. An Allen key is sufficient for most pedals.
r o y g b i v