Need help finding a replacement for my Zero G Ciamillo Brake

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

JSS

by JSS

I am quite tired of the endless adjustments and frustration of nearly every mechanic I take the bike to for brake adjustments.

I would really appreciate any recommendations for light weight replacements.

Thanks in advance.
Last edited by JSS on Sat Mar 03, 2012 8:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

5shot

by 5shot

EE Cycleworks brakes would be my choice: http://eecycleworks.com/

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Powerful Pete
Location: Lima, Peru and the Washington DC area - it's complicated.

by Powerful Pete

At a significant price increase, though...
Road bike: Cervelo R3, Campagnolo Chorus/Record mix...
Supercommuter: Jamis Renegade...
Oldie but goodie: De Rosa Professional Slx, Campagnolo C-Record...
And you can call me Macktastik Honey Pete Kicks, thank you.

gumgardner

by gumgardner

5shot wrote:EE Cycleworks brakes would be my choice: http://eecycleworks.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I went with these

mnmasotto

by mnmasotto

The Ciamillo brakes seem to only work well with the thinner wheels. I had two pair of Negative G and a pair of Gravitas. Swithing the Gravitas Cams and pad holders seemed to me like a band-aide on an old design. And they really did not work well. The EE Cycleworks work well with all my wheels (Thin and WIDE) and are light years ahead in "ease of setup and adjustability". I sold all my Ciamillo Brakes after my soured dealings with the company and bought the EE brakes.

JSS

by JSS

gumgardner wrote:
5shot wrote:EE Cycleworks brakes would be my choice: http://eecycleworks.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I went with these

They are 65 grams heavier than the Ciamillo brakes, has anyone tried the AX lightness brakes? Does anyone sell them in the US?

LEC135

by LEC135

EE. I've had mine for a couple of seasons and no problems

bman11

by bman11

I also switched to EEbrakes and am very glad I did. I rode ZG Ti's exclusively for the last five years and they were great, but after switching I realized what I was missing. You will not be disappointed if you switch. Only downside is the price.
Just dig in and climb it!!!

gumgardner

by gumgardner

JSS wrote:
gumgardner wrote:
5shot wrote:EE Cycleworks brakes would be my choice: http://eecycleworks.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I went with these

They are 65 grams heavier than the Ciamillo brakes, has anyone tried the AX lightness brakes? Does anyone sell them in the US?

I have these AX brakes on my Crumpton but haven't had a chance to use them yet.

JSS

by JSS

Where did you buy them?
Last edited by Powerful Pete on Sun Mar 04, 2012 3:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Deleted mega-quote. PP

Getter

by Getter

I'm in the same boat. Seems like I have to be constantly centering the brakes. They come off center just by undoing the quick release.

I may end up selling my Zero G's for the SRAM Aerolink brakes when they become readily available. I would like to run the EE...but the cost is a bit out of my range.

gumgardner

by gumgardner

JSS wrote:Where did you buy them?

I got the back when fairwheels still sold them. I've gotten AX stuff also from xclusivebikes.com. They are in Spain. Really easy to work with though.
Last edited by Powerful Pete on Sun Mar 04, 2012 3:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Deleted mega-quote. PP

JSS

by JSS

[/quote]I got the back when fairwheels still sold them. I've gotten AX stuff also from xclusivebikes.com. They are in Spain. Really easy to work with though.[/quote]

Their website is gone

stephen@fibre-lyte
in the industry

by stephen@fibre-lyte

JSS wrote:They are 65 grams heavier than the Ciamillo brakes, has anyone tried the AX lightness brakes? Does anyone sell them in the US?

Fairwheel bikes have a brake test on their forum which includes the AX brakes I believe and the Ciamillo ones. As far as anyone selling them in the US, there may be some stock left but as far as Im aware AX pulled out of the US.

Planet X brakes could be a good option. They're reputedly quite good stoppers and very light for an alloy brake set too and lastly, very inexpensive.

justkeepedaling

by justkeepedaling

Planet X, KCNC, EE are great brakes.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com