Replacing Tune Mag 180 Bearings

Discuss light weight issues concerning road bikes & parts.
scotty

by scotty

Hi,

I've been searching for a while but can't seem to find the exact specifcation of bearings for the the Mag 180 hub.

I'm looking to replace the bearings in the hub and the bike shop says there is one Tune specific bearing so I'm looking to see who stocks it..

Thanks in advance...

Phill P

by Phill P

Check out the fairwheel forum for the hub comparison thread. Could be wrong but the 180 might still use the combined inner cassette bearings, and the DS bearing, in which case you'll only be able to get that from tune.

by Weenie

Ypsylon

by Ypsylon

This'll depend on where you are.

In Germany it would be Tune, in the US your LBS would want to contact [url]fairwheelbikes.com[/url], for other countries check here.
"Nothing compares to the simple pleasures of a bike ride," said John F. Kennedy, a man who had the pleasure of Marilyn Monroe.

Adrien
WWotY 2007

by Adrien

scotty wrote:Hi,

I've been searching for a while but can't seem to find the exact specifcation of bearings for the the Mag 180 hub.

I'm looking to replace the bearings in the hub and the bike shop says there is one Tune specific bearing so I'm looking to see who stocks it..

Thanks in advance...

Tune Mag180 bearings are 6902-XOT-6802.

The 6902 is the non drive side bearing.
The XOT is the TUNE proprietary bearing. It is a 6902 merged with a 6802: there is a single internal race but two external races. The 6902 part is installed into the shell, while the 6802 part of the bearings fits into the freewheel.
The last 6802 bearing is the one pressed into the freewheel from the drive side.

You can see the exploded view of the Mag180 with the XOT proprietary bearing here:

As information, this XOT bearing can be replaced with separated 6902 and 6802 bearings as long as the axle is alloy (not Mag160 nor Mag150), and as long as you put 0.3mm of washers between both bearings.

This is the exploded view of the Mag180 with the two separated bearings and the 0.3mm washer:

scotty

by scotty

Thanks Adrien,
I'm going to go for the two seperate bearing solution..
Cheers. :thumbup: