Weight Weenies
* FAQ    * Search    * Trending Topics
* Login   * Register
HOME Listings Blog NEW Galleries NEW FAQ Contact About Impressum
It is currently Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:23 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 4:29 pm 

Been riding for a couple of years now, well always ridden for commuting but for the last 2 years I have ridden for pleasure. i did London to Paris last year, spent a week in the Pyrenees and did a few sportives in the UK.

I have done all this on a Cube Peloton 105 (2009). Which has been great but i think i am well due an upgrade.

I plan to do more of the same as last year - I am spending a week in the Alps and have a few hilly sportives planned.

I have been looking at the Canyon Ultimate CF SLX 8.0. i tried a friends and it seems very responsive and very light for the money.

Budget is £2-3k

Any suggestions?

Thank you

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:03 pm 
Shop Owner

Id look at Colbert Cycles for a deal at the moment, some club riders have bought bikes from everyday to full blown race and the prices are pretty good for the specs available!

www.colbertcycles.com

Got a sale I believe on race frames at moment.

Posted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:03 pm 

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:05 pm 

canyon is hard to beat on price/quality, especially if you know what you want and buy a bike rather than just a frameset - and they are genuine innovators.

planet X framesets follow trends pretty quickly like BB30 and tapered headsets for only £599 and is a UK supplied option. this price would free a huge chunk of budget for decent wheels/groupset.

third option, buy from a supplier so low key it is almost unheard of: a made to measure carbon frameset viner perfector. that still leaves £1400 for the components.

lets not forget steel or ti. plenty of suppliers of far eastern models. i picked out UK company - enigma - who have an excellent reputation and can do stainless steel, columbus niobium spirit or ti for not much over £1000 in some options.

edit: for your purposed use, any of the above options would get you a lovely bike depending how much of a trade you want to make shuffling between 'bespokeness' exclusiveness, component and wheel quality etc.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 3:51 pm 

Thanks for the suggestions hanzypanzy and dcj9.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 3:56 pm 

You can't go wrong with the canyon cf slx... resale value.. best or among the best in all tests.. lots of won races in pro tour..

Regards,

Filipe Dias