50mm Carbon Clinchers...500 mile review pg. 7

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Fernandez

by Fernandez

vince15 wrote:after reading much comments, i decided to purchase a pair of 50C rims from farsport, i waited more than 1 month as the guys advised the 2 weeks delivery time, whatever, i got the rims last week and built them soon, but what's the disappointment is that there were some lumps in the brake track, this is how the lumps look after a 500 miles, any one had the experience about warranty? Can i ask for refund?

I was bought a pair FSC50-TM wheels from Farsports,3k matt finish.Looked good!But I found some problem with it's appearance...So,I contact them again,and they help me to change a new one!Maybe you can have a try with your situation! :beerchug:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

rs2011

by rs2011

I ordered a trackset based on the FSC50-CM about a week ago there was a 15-20 day wait as all the rims were out of stock.

pino76

by pino76

I got mine in 3 days... but waited for 3 weeks before he ships.

Craigagogo

by Craigagogo

I have been receiving excellent communication with Johnson ( sales3@farsports.cn ) at Farsports. He always responds to my emails very promptly and he is very courteous. He has told me that my wheels have just shipped on June 10th (with tracking #) and I placed the order on the 7th. I will post up pics and pre-ride review mid July when I am back home to enjoy these wheels.
More than 10 years a Weenie!

mjduct

by mjduct

Yeah, Johnson is now on the forum

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Craigagogo

by Craigagogo

Wheels arrived today, only 5 days to arrive.

Report to follow...

Craig

liam7020

by liam7020

Do these Farsports carbon clinchers have a dropped braking surface similar to the early Gigantex models? I can't quite make it out from the photos. Ta.
Tarmac SL6 & Campag Record EPS https://weightweenies.starbike.com/foru ... 0&t=153968

"Sometimes you don't need a plan. You just need big balls." Tom Boonen

eric

by eric

The Farsports clincher brake tracks are in the normal place.

MikeMiranda

by MikeMiranda

Craigagogo wrote:I just ordered FSC50-CM from Farsports. Do you guys have any idea how long it will take to receive my wheel set? It's only been one day (I am impatient!) and have not received a tracking number yet.

6 days

configsys

by configsys

vince15 wrote:after reading much comments, i decided to purchase a pair of 50C rims from farsport, i waited more than 1 month as the guys advised the 2 weeks delivery time, whatever, i got the rims last week and built them soon, but what's the disappointment is that there were some lumps in the brake track, this is how the lumps look after a 500 miles, any one had the experience about warranty? Can i ask for refund?

Have you mentioned this to Far Sport? I'm not sure, but it appears like I'm getting lumps on one of my rims. I have just over 100 miles so I'll know if it gets worse. It's no where as bad as yours but I was wondering if you brought it up to their attention.

tharmor

by tharmor

MikeMiranda wrote:
Craigagogo wrote:I just ordered FSC50-CM from Farsports. Do you guys have any idea how long it will take to receive my wheel set? It's only been one day (I am impatient!) and have not received a tracking number yet.

6 days

Swingers quote? If so, very nice :beerchug:

maxxevv

by maxxevv

These look like rims that have been burnt from extremely heavy use.... AND using the wrong brake pads.

I've seen this happen quite a few years ago when a fella I rode with didn't swap out his alu-rim pads and we went for a 2 hour long hill interval session when he was using his Reynolds MV32 wheels.

Craigagogo

by Craigagogo

From Fairwheels website

"Red Veloplugs are compatible with rim holes that are nominally 8 mm in diameter. Most non-eyelet aluminum rims will use this size, including all KinLin rims. Yellow Veloplugs are compatible with most eyelet-style rims with holes 8.5-9.3 mm in diameter. Veloplugs are not compatible with Edge Composites clincher rims"

Can someone verify that RED Veloplugs is the type needed for the FSC50-CM wheel set.

Thanks

n1klass

by n1klass

Im using red veloplugs for my 50mm clinchers from farsports. They fit really snug, had to puch a few in with a tool.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

eric

by eric

I'm using the red plugs in my farsports FSL50-CM clinchers. I used a 1/4" socket driver to push them in.