Saxo Bank 2011 RAL Color

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

Delfino

by Delfino

Hello,
Could somebody help me and choose the most similar color from RAL palete to the main color of Saxo Bank 2011 kit?
http://www.ralcolor.com/

RDGS :wink:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

rainerhq

by rainerhq

Maybe because of my computer, but these RAL colors on this site look little different than in real life. I searched, but could not find better site also.
Someone who has RAL palete in his/her hands, could give you better advice.
"Nothing compares to the simple pleasure of a bike ride"

sungod

by sungod

if you mean the light blue base colour, the best bet as a starting point is to look the same colour but on a solid fabric (the jersey is quite open)

choosing the gilet, for the area to the right of the word athletica in this image photoshop gives the average rgb value is around bed4de

plugging the values into this tool http://www.perbang.dk/rgb/BED4DE/ gives a whole list of fits to various colour schemes including ral 'classic' (there are others, but ral on it's own implies classic)

there's no direct ral match for this, but if you took ral 5014 i think you'd be close then add a white like ral 9016 to the mix

this is not a good way to do it though, as it's relying on the original image colour being accurate and assuming no colour management confusion along the way

imho if you've got a real sample, it's going to be simpler to eyeball

why ral? are you getting paint made up?

Delfino

by Delfino

Thanks for answers. Yes, I'm going to paint my frameset but I don't exactly know which colors should I choose. Saxo's blue looks very nice on the frame (you can see it in another thread) so maybe it will be the main color of my project.

sungod

by sungod

aside from ral there are other sysems like ncs, so finding a good supplier who can mix the type of paint you are after is more important that which colour system

they may have some swatch books that are based on defined mixes, checking swatches against a sample jersey/other item would be best, compare them by daylight (not direct sun) to see the best match

if you can find a paintshop that does ncs, then there're closer colours to choose from than you will find in ral, and there are some online tools that let you browse colours, such as...

http://www.johnstonestrade.com/natural- ... ystem.aspx

with this NCS S 0510-B10G looks* like a possible fit, i chose the main blue on the wheel, then the cell one down along the top edge of the triangle

* my screen is calibrated and colour managed, but it's risky relying on a screen to render paint colour correctly, so always get a colour swatch or sample pot first!