Cycling in Modena/Maranello Italy

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

apLe

by apLe

Hey guys,

After visiting Calpe three times in a row, me and my friends would like to visit another, new, place. I've been to Italy a couple of times, but none with a bike. We've chosen Modena province because of it's hilly profile and because of Ferrari test drive opportunity :mrgreen: I would be really grateful if you could provide any useful information about accommodation, routes etc. in Maranello and/or any other cities close to it. We're going there in late March/early April probably. Let me admit, that we rather seek for cheaper housing. We prefer to spend $ for espresso and some pastries! Thanks in advance!
18' R5 coming soon...

micky

by micky

Modena is not a famous cycling location and I guess I cant be much help, but if you're going there for a Ferrari test drive than that's a good reason. :wink:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

apLe

by apLe

What other destinations would you suggest though? Piemonte, Lombardia, Tuscany? I only know Riva del Garda as my friend recommends it!
18' R5 coming soon...

micky

by micky

Late March/start of April is still a bit early for going on Dolomites/Alps so I would suggest the usual locations like Lake of Garda (not exactly Riva cause there's almost nothing there but probably something like Bardolino/Lazise, much closer to Verona for some sighseeing after riding) or usual Tuscany in locations like Lucca.

petepeterson

by petepeterson

I would highly recommend Lombardia and specifically Bellagio on Lake Como which is at the foot of the Ghisallo climb. So many amazing rides right out your door and easy to navigate with Lake Como as a landmark. It is like disneyland for cyclists. Search Pez for numerous write ups. I was there at the end of April and the weather was OK. You won't be disappointed.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

apLe

by apLe

Thanks! I'm really willing to visit Italy this Spring. Calpe is great, but maybe in 2014 I'll visit it again. Italy is full of great places, routes and landscapes. I believe that no matter what we choose, we'll be satisfied!
18' R5 coming soon...