Help me choose - Colnago C59 or TIME RXRS Ulteam VIP

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

kgt

by kgt

Max Gravity...please... most top italian bikes handle well and Colnago is maybe the master of road frame geometry. He has a huge experience-knowledge-winning heritage (since the '60s) that very few builders have.

Maybe it does not suit you for some reason but that's all.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

SalsaLover

by SalsaLover

I bet he has a short stem placed quite high ...
Hucken The Fard Up !
Colnagos : C50 ST01 - Master 30th AD10 - C40 Mapei WC

Max Gravity

by Max Gravity

140mm -6° as always and 15mm spacers, what bike are you comparing to?
I'm 190cm and rode a 62 cm frame so it is all pretty std.
Max Gravity, unfairly treated by gravity!

jimaizumi

by jimaizumi

Allow me to chime in here as a current owner of an RXR while being a previous owner of a Italian bike (Pinarello Dogma FPX). Honestly, no matter which brand you aim for, there will always be some type of characteristic of that particular bike that will cause one not to be fully satisfied. While my Dogma was far from comfortable, the bike tracked very well through corners. It was spritely and responded very well...Unfortunately, it was too harsh on the bare bottom and that was probably the main reason for why I swapped it out for an RXR.

The RXR, in contrast to the Dogma was light and also responsive, however my biggest gripe with the frame was that it did take a great effort through the corners.

I have never ridden a Colnago but have heard nothing but good things about then. While not being the most lightest of the bicycle breed, anybody that buys one doesn't really put weight as a precedence to anything else.

Trial and error is always the risk that one will place in purchasing a high end bike...

We on this forum can only offer advice from our perspective... but our advice should not affect your decision in what your heart tells you to ride.
THE PAST: 2005 C'dale R700, 2006 Spesh S-Works Tarmac Gerolsteiner, 2009 Pinarello Dogma FPX My Way, 2011 Time RXR VIP

THE PRESENT: 2016 Colnago C60 ST01, 2017 Wilier Cento 10 Ramato, Cinelli Gazetta

THE FUTURE: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

LionelB

by LionelB

My 61cm C50 handled extremely well. Downhills were a blast. It is true that Colnago uses 43 raked fork for all sizes but it's hardly a compromise for large sizes, if anything it is for small ones.

Sometimes handling is just a matter of preference though.