Prices across Europe

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

sawyer

by sawyer

I started a thread a few years ago about non-UK online bike stores and got a pretty poor response. I think they need to up their game. Why so few good ones?

The UK is good at online bike stores as well as riots, no doubt about that.
----------------------------------------
Stiff, Light, Aero - Pick Three!! :thumbup:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

woz9683

by woz9683

eigner wrote:I always find http://www.ribblecycles.co.uk to beat most prices on the internet. Very often they have -10% and -15% coupons on their website which just makes it even better. Shipping is cheap aswell.

This is who I buy from as well. Really great deals on kit and tires. I just got a bunch of winter gear, a skinsuit, veloflex carbons and extremes, gatorskins, kmc chains, bottles. The shipping is especially great as long as you spend over a certain amount (not sure what the actual amount is, but under $200US) they upgrade to expedited shipping. My orders arrive in less than a week generally.

elmo

by elmo

But still finest prices are on eBay when you're patient and look for a while.

Cabbgage

by Cabbgage

Bike24.com is german and post anywhere ithink, some things are pretty cheap, and it's a good site to navigate.
For some reason they can' t sell any specialized stuff outside germany!

mrfish

by mrfish

I think the song goes that you can't get something for nothing...

So when my £100 Castelli shorts from Ribble unravelled after 4 months of light use, it took 3 strongly worded emails and 3 weeks to get any action. Turned out they had to send the shorts 'back for inspection' before they could replace them, and could not take a decision themselves. Then they sent me replacement shorts which were seconds as they had wrongly printed logos round the leg.

Contrast with Wiggle - complained that my Edge 500 was a pain in the arse and that the mounting lug had snapped and sent it back 14 months after buying it. Received a refund in < 24h.

ymmv.