realcyclist.com is closing

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

kbbpll

by kbbpll

http://l.mail-realcyclist.com/YesConnec ... gYGsGilvae" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Looks like they've been acquired by Competitive Cyclist. I've gotten some good deals at realcyclist in the past; CC not really.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

... Ok, I'm a bit confused here.

Real Cyclist was basically a store-front for the road market products ultimately coming out of Backcountry.com

BackCountry.com had a bunch of sub-divisions... among them:
Steep & Cheap (timed deals for outdoor gear)
ChainLove (timed deals for mtb gear)
BonkTown (timed deals for road gear)

Real Cyclist was the store-front for backcountry products that did not go to ChainLove or Bonktown...

... so CC just buys a store-front to make sure that there is one-less competitor, yet the timed deal sites still exist?
Exp001 || Other projects in the works.

kbbpll

by kbbpll

I knew there was a connection with backcountry.com but not your other details. The "Get All the Details on the Closing of RealCyclist" link just takes you to CC sign up page. I posted because realcyclist occasionally had awesome deals on Vittoria, so I'm disappointed.

kbbpll

by kbbpll

Similar topic has some tidbits...
viewtopic.php?f=14&t=101042

bricky21

by bricky21

Real cyclist, or the investors that owned them acquired CC some time ago(when they moved to Utah).