bianchi oltre nero

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

onereallynicespeed

by onereallynicespeed

hi guys, just found the bianchi oltre nero on the web lastnite,what a bike!! ive not been so taken by any bike like since the wilier cento.any of you ordered one or have one even? i think the price is reasonable as well for a limited run of 40 to the uk.all the best barry

Tokyo Drifter

by Tokyo Drifter

I've ridden one. They're light and stiff under power but noodly around corners. Like most Italian bikes they corner like a sack of crap. Look nice though, if by nice you mean 'eurotrash'.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

stella-azzurra

by stella-azzurra

This deserves a few of these :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
I never took drugs to improve my performance at any time. I will be willing to stick my finger into a polygraph test if anyone with big media pull wants to take issue. If you buy a signed poster now it will not be tarnished later. --Graeme Obree

T77MCO

by T77MCO

Thats crap, i have an italian bike and it corners amazingly. I can understand how you can say bianchis aren't greay round corners because i dont think they are, but i write a kuota and i can throw it round a corner comfortably.

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

I've also thrown a few Italian frames around corners, and they hit people effectively. I think they corner just fine.
Thanks to it's "innovative" asymmetric properties, and hernia-inducing anchor-like weight, the Pinarello Dogma took the corner pretty well and substantially bruised the person I threw it at, across the chest and arm. It was a size 56.

:twisted:

Anyway, country of origin (or country of brand at least) does not determine a frame's qualities. Never has, never will. Nor does country of origin (manufacturing). It is the design, the layup, the rider's karma, the rider's weight, and perceived sensitivities that determine a frame's qualities. Period.
Exp001 || Other projects in the works.

Tokyo Drifter

by Tokyo Drifter

percieved sensibilities

exactly. everyone I know who has spent $5k+ on a bike thinks it's the best thing ever. If possible, test ride a few back to back.

The bianchi felt like it had too high a front end and understeered through corners. I've felt similarly about the colnagos, the wilier, the fondriest and the cippolini that I have ridden. I have seen all of these brands refer to their 'Italian geometry' at some point in their marketing literature. Not a blanket statement, just an observation.

Tapeworm

by Tapeworm

I haven't ridden the model in question however I am on my 5th Bianchi model.

They corner like any other bike. There are nuances with any frame, fork, wheels and handlebars. Skilled riders seem not to be held back by such things in my experience. Over the years at the TDU the UniSA team, of whom many are from the Aus developmental team and hence ride Bianchis, haven't been seen dropping wheels in bunch because of... whatever.

What's that saying about a workman and their tools?
"Physiology is all just propaganda and lies... all waiting to be disproven by the next study."
"I'm not a real doctor; But I am a real worm; I am an actual worm." - TMBG

stella-azzurra

by stella-azzurra

Tapeworm wrote: Skilled riders seem not to be held back by such things in my experience.

Exactly. This statement will apply to most any bike. If the bike fits the rider properly no reason why it should not perform as the rider wants it to perform.
I never took drugs to improve my performance at any time. I will be willing to stick my finger into a polygraph test if anyone with big media pull wants to take issue. If you buy a signed poster now it will not be tarnished later. --Graeme Obree

superleggera

by superleggera

BUY IT!! Its Beautiful.

bigfatfattyfat

by bigfatfattyfat

Having ridden one on a dealer day I can give you the following advice. Buy it...

(NB. The one I rode had those funky Fulcrum Racing Speed Wheels and SR11 but you could just tell that the frame was great)

Dov

by Dov

Be aware that Bianchi's warranty record is very poor. This is something to consider before buying one.

Google it...
Brooklyn Gangsta V4 with DXR
Cannondale CAAD 10 Track
Cielo Classic Sportif U8000
Cinelli Supercorsa DA9000
Colnago C64 R12
Concorde DA7800
DeRosa Nuovo Classico SR12
Eddy Mercks Corsa Extra Ch12
Felt F1 DA9050
Trek L500

Long time supporter of Rapha
Strava

Tapeworm

by Tapeworm

FWIW I never had an issue with warranty issues. Additionally a friend of mine cracked their TT frame nearly two years after buying - brand new frame for that. Perhaps the support in Aus is better? :noidea:
"Physiology is all just propaganda and lies... all waiting to be disproven by the next study."
"I'm not a real doctor; But I am a real worm; I am an actual worm." - TMBG

crosschained

by crosschained

Working at a shop that sells Bianchi, we have not had any problems with their warranty. As long as you have a good sales rep. things go very smooth.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Tarmacbikerider

by Tarmacbikerider

The black demon!

Sent using Tapatalk