2012 Cannondale

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

cryoplasm

by cryoplasm

The new frame is a made of a new alloy. Well it's more of a carbon, alloy hybrid but not in the sense that you think. The properties are such that they more closely share the benefits of the individual material. The problem with carbon is the massive amount of material required to tune a given performance.

The old alloy CAAD frames are still very good.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

LouisN

by LouisN

Something like Prologo "puts" in their "nack" rails ?

:noidea:

Louis :)

Junior Varsity
in the industry

by Junior Varsity

Um yeah, not a new alloy. It's carbon and carbon, no mix.
Doing bike things.

reggiebaseball

by reggiebaseball

And the secret ingredient is.....

Chinese Plastic

Yeah :roll:

Murphs

by Murphs

It's probably actually Japanese carbon.

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

Yes, Japanese Carbon... then sent to China (or Taiwan?) for use.
Exp001 || Other projects in the works.

greenmachine
Shop Owner

by greenmachine

Hi Guy's i hate to add more speculation here but the bike images i was lucky enough to see a few months back for the evo showed something very different. The 2012 supersix Hi-Mods will all be the Evo and std super six will stay pretty much unchanged so im not sure if the images you've seen which are like a slightly tweaked super X are actually the std sup6 for 2012 and the Evo is yet to be shown properly. I could be wrong you know how things change the majority of next years line up stays the same so it could well be the evo but im expecting a little more from them to be honest. but for now i just want sunny weather to blast my CAAD10 to kingdom come.

rgkicksbutt

by rgkicksbutt

and here is confirmation:

http://www.uci.ch/Modules/BUILTIN/getOb ... E&LangId=1

oh, and according to Velonews, will be approaching 700 grams for the frame.

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

rgkicksbutt wrote:oh, and according to Velonews, will be approaching 700 grams for the frame.

I hope so.

Can someone chime in on how accurate Cannondale has been (historically) on their weight quotes? I'm unfamiliar.

This is the first Cannondale I've ever had interest in, and that weight is delicious if it rings true.

jdp211

by jdp211

prendrefeu wrote:
rgkicksbutt wrote:oh, and according to Velonews, will be approaching 700 grams for the frame.

I hope so.

Can someone chime in on how accurate Cannondale has been (historically) on their weight quotes? I'm unfamiliar.

This is the first Cannondale I've ever had interest in, and that weight is delicious if it rings true.

Historically Cannondale never released weights, this year being the first. But they've been quite accurate this season, and I've heard the same "approaching 700 grams" figure from my own sources as well.

rgkicksbutt

by rgkicksbutt

I weighed a 2011 54 cm supersix, not the High-Mod, and it was 972 g IIRC, with hanger. I think the H-M one was claimed to be 100 g less, and Cannondale claims the H-M one is 890 g. So thats pretty good.

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

One of my teams is sponsored by Cannondale, and each year we do an order for Team-branded frames... I'm so interested in this that I would buy order one and then put the carbo-lift on the whole thing to get rid of the "team" paint scheme. :twisted:

Oh yeah, there's that Scott F01 that is drool worthy too... damn, too hotties for 2011. Nice.

tonytourist

by tonytourist

You don't like the LaGrange paint job? :lol:

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

No - I do. I like Jaycee's work on the latest one (the ones that arrived, literally, today). It looks classic, refined, dignified and bold.
But paint is heavy and I'm a designer myself. :twisted: I'd rather strip it and add my own flare.
No offense, love ya VCLG! Love ya ta bits! :lol:

djconnel

by djconnel

I'd trust a Cannondale claim but not a VeloNews claim of a Cannondale claim. Too many stages of temptation.

For example: 790 in size small no finish (Scott Addict from the mid-'00's) and Cannondale says "we can do a frame in the 700's" and VeloNews says "700 grams".

So more detail on that needed...

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com