SRM powermeter weight issues

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

cappo455

by cappo455

Hi Guys,

I currently have a powertap sl+ built onto a zipp 404 clincher. I am becoming increasingly conscious of the weight of it.

This got me looking at the sexy srm crank systems namely the “FSA K-Force Light Professional Road System”. At £3,300 stg it definitely is not cheap; it includes all you need though:
• Crank arms
• Power control computer
• Bottom bracket
• chain rings
• handlebar clip

This chainset is bound to be heavier than the normal FSA K-Force light chainset, but my questions are as follows:

1. Is the weight of this system lighter than the powertap system?
2. If so is this weight better carried around the chainset than on the rear hub leading to more efficiency?
3. I know all the pro’s use this system, but is it really that good to warrant the expense?
4. One of the big benifits that I can see is that the bike will be recording power data all the time, and I would not be restricted to using one wheel only. For example I have just bought a 56 tarmac s works with tubular renyolds dv46. It weighs just over 13LBs!! :D It seems a crime to ride it with the zipp powertap. Is there any other positives or negatives to this system.
5. If I were to buy this system would I be practically putting a bulleye on my back by making the other riders jealous?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com