How do I contact Samu?

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

Jaker

by Jaker

I have tried phoning him in the past. He answered the first 1 or 2 times, and then never answered ever again. I tried at least 4-5 times after the initial contact without success.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

devinci

by devinci

I find it sad that such things happen. The weight-weenie community is a small one and I thought people such as Samu were trustworthy. Seems not.

Mattias Hellöre
in the industry

by Mattias Hellöre

I think Samu is a good person and it is vacation times right now. Maybe that´s the cause?
Experimental Prototype

bura

by bura

Mattias. Not the right time and place to defend Samu.
I have checked the Cervelo forum .Seems not to be on vacation on that forum.
Talking about two years of vacation.
Kuota Kom Evo
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=111825&p=955235#p955235" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
SOLD

TuplaO

by TuplaO

Mattias is right, I can confirm that he's not a thief or a con artist. I think this is more a case of disorganisation (too many projects to keep track of, not being able to say no etc.). Jaker's stuff has probably been lost in the chaos. I know, the end result is unacceptable and it looks/is bad, first and foremost, but you are not dealing with a thief.

bura

by bura

OK TuplaO. The easiest and honest way of dealing with other people is to be straight forward. So there is no room left for others to guess if you are a honorable man or a disorganized man or a thief.
The easiest way in this case would have been a comment by Samu in time to respond what has happened to his customers post.
He MISSED that and THIS is the point we are discussing .
Kuota Kom Evo
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=111825&p=955235#p955235" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
SOLD

Jaker

by Jaker

Here is the latest in developments in the never ending seatpost saga. I have made a number of attempts to contact Samu through the latest channels (Facebook) and he has now taken to ignoring me there. I went a bit extreme and posted a message in his "review this page" section asking for resolution. It sat there for a day or so over the weekend and then disappeared (obviously he deleted the message without responding to me in any way).

Here are the exchanges we had on Facebook:

Jacques Dorey

Hi Samu,

I sent you my Ax Lightness Daedalus 31.6 broken seatpost approximately 3 years ago for repair, and for custom integration with Yeti ASR Carbon ISP topper clamp.

I have received no news of my parts for a very long time now. I no longer require the custom integration with Yeti parts, as my Yeti bike was stolen last summer.

I do want my AX Lightness seatpost repaired though. Please advise when I can expect the repair to be completed.

Jacques Dorey
Surrey, BC, Canada

--------------------
Signature

Ok, I'll take a look .

----------------
July 4

10:14am

Jacques Dorey

Samu,

Have you located my parts?

Jacques

-------------
July 18

11:13am

Jacques Dorey

Samu,

What will it take for you to respond to my inquiry and make this situation better? I am becoming very frustrated and unhappy about your lack of caring about this problem.

Jacques

------------------
Signature

I'm in Austria testing 2014' Specialized bikes. Last week I was in Swiss for BMC. I'm buying big amounts of bikes for next season...I will came back to Finland in mid of next week. I will take a look then. Other people run this page and my company while I away and they can't help you. I think that seat post can be found. Samu

-----------------
8:44pm

Jacques Dorey

Thank you.

----------------------------
August 2

5:36pm

Jacques Dorey

It is 2 weeks since your last contact. When can I expect some information about my parts?

Jacques

--------------------------
August 7

1:35pm

Jacques Dorey

Samu,

I need some information now about my parts.

---------------------------
Tuesday

11:03am

Jacques Dorey

So what is the status of my parts???

tranzformer

by tranzformer

Note to self don't deal with Samu. Ever.

Sounds like Samu should just mail your old seatpost back to you if he can find it (repaired or not) or purchase a new AX seatpost to make you whole. Can't believe all the stories now. I always thought Samu was one of the good guys. Guess not.

Jaker

by Jaker

I have been contacted by another board member about similar issues with Samu and CF repair. His matter was eventually resolved, but not without substantial efforts. Out of respect for this individual, I will not disclose the details. Suffice it to say Samu is not very accommodating when he's decides to not deal with an problem/issue.

Jaker

by Jaker

Well some of you have stood by Samu, stating that he's just busy and disorganized. I'm on a different page now, thinking that he's a thief. He has had SOO many opportunities to fix this problem. He has done nothing. It is essentially 4 years (give or take a month) since I sent him the parts. There is no excuse for this, other than he's decided that he doesn't want to deal with this at all. In my books that makes him a THIEF.

caballero

by caballero

Get in touch with the authorities, and have them contact him.
I would have done so about 3 and a half years ago were I in your position.

Jaker

by Jaker

The final update:

Samu contacted me approx. 2 weeks ago to say that he would repair my seatpost and return it to me. I'm here to say that he followed through with his plans, and yesterday I received the repaired Deadalus seatpost. He charged me nothing for the repair or the shipping.

It took 4 years, almost to the day. He's not a thief.

TuplaO

by TuplaO

I'm glad things worked out for you in the end!

stella-azzurra

by stella-azzurra

I'm surprised he still had your seat post after 4 years. You know life gets in the way... :lol: :lol:
I never took drugs to improve my performance at any time. I will be willing to stick my finger into a polygraph test if anyone with big media pull wants to take issue. If you buy a signed poster now it will not be tarnished later. --Graeme Obree