Invisible Bike Helmet

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

Tapeworm

by Tapeworm

http://www.hovding.com/en/how/

Actually a misnomer, you can see it real clear like - once deployed. An innovative idea none-the-less and may potentially be better than a standard helmet in terms of the neck bracing.

Not so good for evil killer magpies...
"Physiology is all just propaganda and lies... all waiting to be disproven by the next study."
"I'm not a real doctor; But I am a real worm; I am an actual worm." - TMBG

HammerTime2
Location: Wherever there's a mountain beckoning to be climbed

by HammerTime2

With a little redesign, this would be perfect for Mark Zuckerberg. This could be sold as the FB H^2 - The Facebook Hoodie Helmet -perfect for today's safety and environmentally conscious hacker. No more excuses, you'll always be wearing your helmet, and who knows, maybe even when making love (we'll have to ask Priscilla about that).

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

stella-azzurra

by stella-azzurra

This was posted a few years ago. Good idea but not practical.
I never took drugs to improve my performance at any time. I will be willing to stick my finger into a polygraph test if anyone with big media pull wants to take issue. If you buy a signed poster now it will not be tarnished later. --Graeme Obree

Geoff

by Geoff

My 4-year-old sez: 'but, it looks like an ass-hat...'

Leviathan

by Leviathan

From the Olympics watching, it seems many of the Equestrian x country riders were wearing an "airbag" which seemed to work pretty well to protect against back damage in the event of a fall..It interesting to see how these are triggered, but I dont see why a cycle crash isnt in many ways similar..and if the "helmet" has less mass than a conventional one it presumably will reduce neck damage :noidea: