Pre- Bike Fit Question.....

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

Mocs123

by Mocs123

I'm scheduled to go get my first ever bike fit in a couple of weeks and have been toying with the idea of going with narrower handlebars. (My stock bars are 42c with an unusually large reach and drop of 100/124) Should I do the bike fit with my stock bars and discuss this possible change with the bike fitter, or should I go ahead and order new bars and have those bars with me at the fit?

I don't want to have a fit and then change everything up just after and mess it all up, but I don't want to go into the bike fit with an exparamental setup either. What do you guys suggest?
2015 Wilier Zero.7 Rim - 6.37kg
2020 Trek Emonda SLR-7 Disc - 6.86kg
2023 Specialized SL7 - 7.18kg

CamW

by CamW

Get in touch with the bike fitter and ask if they have bars you can try in the fitting. When I used to do some fitting at a shop we had a couple of different sets of bars with hoods already bolted on so we could quickly swap them in for customers to try.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

CrankAddictsRich

by CrankAddictsRich

I agree with CamW... it seems silly to me to buy bars before a bike fit, if you don't know what will fit.... that is part of the purpose of the fit.

Mocs123

by Mocs123

Great idea @CamW, I'll call and ask.

Mocs123

by Mocs123

Also, I have two pairs of cycling shoes a pair of Shimano RC3 (white) and RC5 (RC500M - last years model) (black) - and I was thinking the stack height of those shoes were slightly different though I can't seem to find stack height information on them now - should I just take both shoes?

CrankAddictsRich

by CrankAddictsRich

Mocs123 wrote:
Mon Jul 10, 2023 1:23 am
Also, I have two pairs of cycling shoes a pair of Shimano RC3 (white) and RC5 (RC500M - last years model) (black) - and I was thinking the stack height of those shoes were slightly different though I can't seem to find stack height information on them now - should I just take both shoes?
Yes, especially if they're giving you issues and you perceive they are different in some way. I've had one serious, in depth bike fit.. and then that has evolved. When I did that fit, we did touch on cleat and shoe position... checking it, but I didn't have any issues there and he didn't find anything that was troubling or out of sorts, so it wasn't an area we dug in on... but I'm sure if I was experiencing issues, he would have. Your fitter should to, if you're coming to him/her with that as an issue.

London9921

by London9921

Just bring what you've got. Oftentimes a kind bike fitter would break up the consultation (say you've got a 3h long consultation) into two, where you stop after having taken measurements and dialed in your ideal position after 2h for you to retirn to do the 3rd hour once you've got replacements with you to swap and measure your position again.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com