The Freaks topic

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

astranoc

by astranoc

I met a 78yo guy in a sportive few years back, he was 6.5 and with a bike looking like this. I had nothing but utter respect for a grandpa that could ride a century. His back was shot and that's the only way he could ride. I just wished i can still walk when i am 80. Would you call it freaky? Just adding another perspective here :)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

elviento

by elviento

Maybe only in a "remarkable" kind of way. Ultra long distance cyclists also use a device to address Shermer's neck problem. It looks odd but it's crazy the kind of mileage these people do.

Fast falcons: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3mTPEuFcWk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
www.falcobike.com
Facebook: falcobikeglobal

twigstim

by twigstim

That tall bike is pretty cool...wonder if there were any screw up in getting the hang of rolling around on the thing. A fall from the top might put you 20 ft away from where you sit.

Monkeyboy3333

by Monkeyboy3333

astranoc wrote:I met a 78yo guy in a sportive few years back, he was 6.5 and with a bike looking like this. I had nothing but utter respect for a grandpa that could ride a century. His back was shot and that's the only way he could ride. I just wished i can still walk when i am 80. Would you call it freaky? Just adding another perspective here :)

yep, valid point mate, kudos to grandad

stella-azzurra

by stella-azzurra

"38 mph in a parking lot being clocked by a Porsche 911 driving along side the bike with rider pedaling furiously"

tucked as far into the fairing as possible, this bike in particular nudged 65mph down a stretch of the Pacific Coast Highway! Maybe you could go faster? (the new owner assumes all liability !).

Hilarious! The seller has no clue. :lol:
I never took drugs to improve my performance at any time. I will be willing to stick my finger into a polygraph test if anyone with big media pull wants to take issue. If you buy a signed poster now it will not be tarnished later. --Graeme Obree

Mike V

by Mike V

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

jvanv8

by jvanv8

That Y bike looks like it's going to need something extra to get up to speed.
AX Vial Evo: 4970g
Addict SL : 5235g
My Cycling Blog
Strava: Wayward Cyclist

UpFromOne

by UpFromOne

what's on the right side of that frame?

AGW

by AGW

If only it had internal routing.

Camilo

by Camilo

astranoc wrote:I met a 78yo guy in a sportive few years back, he was 6.5 and with a bike looking like this. I had nothing but utter respect for a grandpa that could ride a century. His back was shot and that's the only way he could ride. I just wished i can still walk when i am 80. Would you call it freaky? Just adding another perspective here :)

I enjoy the true freaks and get a good chuckle as much as the next guy. But a lot of the "freaks" are just not in compliance with the Euro-Pro style, but are very reasonable riders, imho.

Frankie - B
Admin - In the industry

by Frankie - B

Just amazing. It even has the blackbox cf crown on the fork.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
'Tape was made to wrap your GF's gifts, NOT hold a freakin tire on.'
If you want to see 'meh' content of me and my bike you can follow my life in pictures here!

jvanv8

by jvanv8

Seat + handlebar change joke?
Or, "I stole this bike and made it better" joke?
AX Vial Evo: 4970g
Addict SL : 5235g
My Cycling Blog
Strava: Wayward Cyclist

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com