The Freaks topic

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

Sasha011

by Sasha011

micky wrote:@tibikeboy, cant see much as pics are small, is that a true colnago ferrari?? :shock:

that was a bike in the catalogue... nothing strange... the frame is Colnago EP with Chorus parts for flatbar I think
[b]My Bianchi 928 SL IASP

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=71069&start=15

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

tibikeboy

by tibikeboy

micky wrote:@tibikeboy, cant see much as pics are small, is that a true colnago ferrari?? :shock:

I was searching Craigslist in the bikes section looking for a used bike for my buddy to get into cycling and saw that posting. So the picture has not been fully verified.

micky

by micky

Sasha011 wrote:
that was a bike in the catalogue... nothing strange... the frame is Colnago EP with Chorus parts for flatbar I think

Never seen it, still a heck of a frame for a city/touring bike.

jmilliron

by jmilliron

:shock:

That is one flexy looking IF!
2013 Wilier Cento1 SR || 2009 Ridley Crossbow || 2011 Yeti AS-R 5 Carbon

stella-azzurra

by stella-azzurra

The guy that rides it is very tall and the dimensions are about right for a guy that is that tall to ride that bike. Unfortunately his bike is too small.
I never took drugs to improve my performance at any time. I will be willing to stick my finger into a polygraph test if anyone with big media pull wants to take issue. If you buy a signed poster now it will not be tarnished later. --Graeme Obree

tibikeboy

by tibikeboy

It's a shame that this happened to a supersix
Attachments
SuperSix2.jpg

Stolichnaya

by Stolichnaya

Inspired by the thread, I rebuilt this last weekend during a cold snap here.
It has often been called a freak, so I thought I would post it.
Slingshot folding road frameset (steel) circa 1995. Mix of Campy 10 components from the spare parts box.
I rode this frameset (then with a 9 spd Racing Triple drivetrain) across the USA in 2001 with a BOB trailor on the back.

http://i54.tinypic.com/de19g2.jpg

g_doraz

by g_doraz

This has to be the best thread on WW

While I don't have a pic, there's an old guy I see around town riding an alloy Pinarello Paris with Euros Wheels and Flat bars. He also has a ridiculous amount of spacers....That was until I saw him last week, and he's upgraded to a Prince of Spain Prince, again with flat bars. It really is a crime against humanity.
Road bike: Pinarello Dogma 60.1
TT bike: Trek Speed Concept

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D4XxCZagAjk

naisan

by naisan

This thread has me very frightened. With all the dorky stuff on my bike, am I a prime offender?

elviento

by elviento

Quite the contrary, I'd say I find your bike rather nice (other than saddle not being my cup of tea, but that's personal anyway).

Pls see if you can make it hideous...

naisan wrote:This thread has me very frightened. With all the dorky stuff on my bike, am I a prime offender?

bencolem

by bencolem

Gotta love those triples...

stella-azzurra

by stella-azzurra

elviento wrote:Quite the contrary, I'd say I find your bike rather nice (other than saddle not being my cup of tea, but that's personal anyway).

Pls see if you can make it hideous...

naisan wrote:This thread has me very frightened. With all the dorky stuff on my bike, am I a prime offender?

don't worry just a few more items and he'll be there.

Freaks UNITE!
I never took drugs to improve my performance at any time. I will be willing to stick my finger into a polygraph test if anyone with big media pull wants to take issue. If you buy a signed poster now it will not be tarnished later. --Graeme Obree

Spuds

by Spuds

Stolichnaya wrote:Inspired by the thread, I rebuilt this last weekend during a cold snap here.
It has often been called a freak, so I thought I would post it.
Slingshot folding road frameset (steel) circa 1995. Mix of Campy 10 components from the spare parts box.
I rode this frameset (then with a 9 spd Racing Triple drivetrain) across the USA in 2001 with a BOB trailor on the back.

http://i54.tinypic.com/de19g2.jpg

Weirdly, I think that looks awesome. I have no idea why, I don't even like slingshots.

StefanR

by StefanR

I would really like to see what would happen if somebody posts member bikes of this forum in this thread, lets see if your still sooo cool then.
diversity.....

""the sheeps get loud... when the wolf is gone....."" Juan Marquez

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com