The Freaks topic

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

Frankie - B
Admin - In the industry

by Frankie - B

No, sadly not a joke. The guy is seriously riding it that way.
'Tape was made to wrap your GF's gifts, NOT hold a freakin tire on.'
If you want to see 'meh' content of me and my bike you can follow my life in pictures here!

mattyb95

by mattyb95

Passed this bike and thought something looked funny at the time but then saw its full glory at the cafe. Sora drivetrain, flat pedals, MTB riser bars and Zipp 404s?!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

DrGalactus

by DrGalactus

And the bell doesn't even match!

parsnip

by parsnip

mattyb95 wrote:Passed this bike and thought something looked funny at the time but then saw its full glory at the cafe. Sora drivetrain, flat pedals, MTB riser bars and Zipp 404s?!

Looks familiar, is that Richmond park in London?

BeeBee30

by BeeBee30

Ti or dye!

The Weenie formally known as CAADHEAD

BeeSeeBee

by BeeSeeBee

After looking through the other bikes put together by that guy, it's pretty clear he has no idea what he's doing. Also seems like a whole bunch of other issues going on with the guy as well :?

eric

by eric

Such as?

Looking through the gallery there's a lot of bikes with high handlebars and many with saddles tilted forwards. But perhaps that's due to the clients being out of shape?

Horze

by Horze

7x Forum Racing Ban Champion.

mattyb95

by mattyb95

parsnip wrote:
mattyb95 wrote:Passed this bike and thought something looked funny at the time but then saw its full glory at the cafe. Sora drivetrain, flat pedals, MTB riser bars and Zipp 404s?!

Looks familiar, is that Richmond park in London?

Yep!

Maximilian

by Maximilian

eric wrote:Such as?

Looking through the gallery there's a lot of bikes with high handlebars and many with saddles tilted forwards. But perhaps that's due to the clients being out of shape?

The bikes are, to quote Martin Lawrence in Bad Boys 2, "all f@cked up!".

The stems are all 50mm and flipped up, the frames are all way too big, for example this:

The ISP is almost non-existant. Passoni frames are custom, this dude it going really wrong somewhere. I'm surprised Passoni even allow this out of the door. If the customers have fit issues then the frames should accommodate them while still looking normal.

Maximilian

by Maximilian

Holy slam Batman! Also, 9K?!

xnavalav8r

by xnavalav8r

Maximilian wrote: Passoni frames are custom, this dude it going really wrong somewhere. I'm surprised Passoni even allow this out of the door. If the customers have fit issues then the frames should accommodate them while still looking normal.

Judging by this blog, I get the impression the dealer (KGS) set up these bikes... not Passoni.

http://blog.kgsbikes.com/ride-report-guillermo-and-eileens-kgs-passonis/

Looking at the Passoni website ( http://www.passoni.com/collezione.asp ), the bikes all seem to be set up with very traditional looking stem lengths and saddle heights. I only see the weird stubby stems and short seatposts on photos of KGS Passonis.

Maximilian

by Maximilian

The shop where I work is a Passoni dealer. From our Cyclefit data the bike are build by Passoni, as in frame not drivetrain. Passoni get the bar, stem and saddle height data as the bars and stems are custom painted by them and the ISP cut.

frankmx

by frankmx

Never thought there would be a BS churning out freak after freak and think this is the way bikes should be build.
I am truly amazed you should read the blog they are really convinced in there formula or are just helping people to lighten there wallets at all cost.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com