Flights and accommodation now booked in Bourg D'Oisans and Bourg Saint Maurice.
Rough itinerary for the two weeks
1. Alpe d'Huez and Balcony road. First afternoon
2. Marmotte loop (excluding Alpe d'Huez): Glandon(s), Telegraphe, Galibier(n)
3. 'Easy ride'. Maybe Sarenne or Berarde or Ornon loop.
4. Croix de Fer (s), Madeleine(s), Glandon(n)
5. 'Easy ride'. Maybe Sarenne or Berarde or Ornon loop
6. Lautaret(w), Izoard(n), Lautaret(e)
7. 'Easy ride'. Maybe Sarenne or Berarde or Ornon loop or Alpe d'Huez again
Rest day travelling to -
Bourg Saint Maurice
1. Col d l'Iseran (n), Lanslevillard, Col d l'Iseran (s)
2. Col du pit St Bernard (w), Morgex, (e) Col du pit St Bernard (e)
3. Comet des Roseland (s), Col de l'Arpettaz (w) Col de Saisies (n), Comet des Roseland (n)
4. La Plagne or Les Arcs
5. Col de la Madeleine (n) return
6. Courchevel (n) return or La Plagne or Les Arcs
Now there may be an option to extend the France trip by a week (although not sure if my legs will still be working by then), still relying on trains and buses and was thinking of moving to another valley in the area.
Any recommendations for which town and good accommodation suggestions? Annecy possibly?
Also I might be able to sneak across the Sicily by Ferry from Malta for another week. I have found a site with ride suggestions in the Mt Etna region leaving from Acireale. So any suggestions for bike friendly accommodation in the Catania / Acireale area?