2011 FELT

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

CBJ

by CBJ

Would love to have that frame.

beaker

by beaker

53x12 wrote:The frame weight is for a bare frame. So what does that mean? Is the frame naked carbon with a gloss? So I wonder how close the real weights will be. But this is a great deal of a bike.

I was lucky enough to build 2 of these up for one of their testers and a size 52 with hanger, seat clamp etc was 780grams! It was LIGHT!!!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

tranzformer

by tranzformer

So expected to be released in the next 1-2months? Full distribution by the fall of this year?

53x12

by 53x12

beaker wrote:
53x12 wrote:The frame weight is for a bare frame. So what does that mean? Is the frame naked carbon with a gloss? So I wonder how close the real weights will be. But this is a great deal of a bike.

I was lucky enough to build 2 of these up for one of their testers and a size 52 with hanger, seat clamp etc was 780grams! It was LIGHT!!!

Wow sersiouly? Production version frame? Anything else you have to add? When are these reviews going to come out?

So what is the main benefit of a carbon sleeve? Just drops weight?
"Marginal gains are the only gains when all that's left to gain is in the margins."

mythical

by mythical

Beautiful craftsmanship, also on the inside... I certainly would like to throw my leg over one... :mrgreen:

“I always find it amazing that a material can actually sell a product when it’s really the engineering that creates and dictates how well that material will behave or perform.” — Chuck Teixeira

bigskyTi
in the industry

by bigskyTi

That is so little material! I kinda wish I hadn't seen that :wink:

Does look top notch though.

53x12

by 53x12

@ mythical, is that the new F1 I assume? Awesome visual example of how the "Inside Out moulding process" really turns out. The quality looks exceptional!
"Marginal gains are the only gains when all that's left to gain is in the margins."

tranzformer

by tranzformer

mythical wrote:Beautiful craftsmanship, also on the inside... I certainly would like to throw my leg over one... :mrgreen:

Beautiful frame!

johanfl

by johanfl

That´s the 800gram version of the frame :lol:

mythical

by mythical

I wonder how much that piece of shell weighs. Let's hope that's not like @johanfl mentioned about the weight of just that part of the frame, coz with the other half that means double and that's not even counting the rear end!

It's said the frame of this beauty weighs about 792g.

“I always find it amazing that a material can actually sell a product when it’s really the engineering that creates and dictates how well that material will behave or perform.” — Chuck Teixeira

53x12

by 53x12

For some reason I doubt the F1 frameset will be only $2800. Maybe the F2? I think they will price this a bit higher, 3200-3500. Just can't see them letting it go for $2800. They want to start playing with the big boys and will probably price it that way.

spinwax
Shop Owner

by spinwax

I would love to have the F1. Unfortunately even at the deals I get it will be too expensive for my blood right now. The F3 or F4 are great alternatives; basically the same new bike but a 100grams or so heavier. The paint scheme on the new F3 matches my shop kits. :mrgreen:
Last edited by spinwax on Thu Aug 05, 2010 11:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

spud

by spud

Does anyone know how the cable routing works on this frameset?

derekshred

by derekshred

i pray it's not internal like the AR

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

DuncanS

by DuncanS

Does anyone have info on the 2011 AR's?

I'm particularly interested in AR3, trying to determine whether it's worth the wait for '11 model. I have an idea what the component upgrades will be, but wondering if price (in Aus) is expected to be similar to '10 or higher? Also haven't been able to determine whether the frame composition is the same or has been improved upon. Also curious if weight has come down any.

Thanks