HOT: Active* forum members generally gain 5% discount at starbike.com store!
Weight Weenies
* FAQ    * Search    * Trending Topics
* Login   * Register
HOME Listings Articles FAQ Contact About

Go to page Previous  1 ... 1601, 1602, 1603, 1604, 1605, 1606, 1607 ... 1796  Next
PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 10:42 pm 

KWalker wrote:
Tangential side story:

When the Ricco transfusion news broke I decided to go on the internet and find some steroid forums/bodybuilding forums to figure out what they thought about the stuff that cyclists seem to find commonplace. I created accounts and then posted asking if there was any use taking EPO as a bodybuilder. The universal answer on every forums was "no that stuff is terribly, terribly dangerous and for those weirdo endurance athletes that do not care about their health". I found it funny that guys that will inject steroids that could have been made in someone's tub and take things such as DNP even have their own threshold that they will not cross, but that people such as Ricco will go to great lengths to.

Well there are way more people who do neither in think both parties are insane who then snort cocaine or other drugs made by criminals who do not care much about the end user. Humans are pretty stupid :noidea:

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 12:01 am 

tymon_tm wrote:
has anyone who watched the Tour de Romandie stage 2 today had the impression that Iglinsky pushed Kwiatkowski out of his way in the final meters, causing Kwiatek to loose Tony Martin's wheel, and forcing him to start his sprint way to early :?:

IMO Omega doesn't provide Kwiatkowski with sufficient help, he's often left alone during the final kms. today, despite him being the race leader, only Martin showed up in the office... that's some poor team tactics :?

That's nothing, have you watched any of the tour of Turkey and seen the overhead shots with all the shouldering and headbutting going on in the final KMs of the sprints? Heaps of people muscling in on OPQS and them barging them out of the way with their bodies!

Posted: Fri May 02, 2014 12:01 am 

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 3:09 am 

He also doesn't have help because he often does somewhat stupid stuff. Sometimes it works, but other times he puts in way too much work too early, not unlike Sagan.

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 5:57 am 

KWalker wrote:
He also doesn't have help because he often does somewhat stupid stuff. Sometimes it works, but other times he puts in way too much work too early, not unlike Sagan.

I double dare you to be positive. Just once.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D4XxCZagAjk

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 6:53 am 

That'll de the day. ;)

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 10:26 am 

KWalker wrote:

i don't understand what you mean by 'stupid stuff'?

it's obvious he's not an experienced rider, and probably lacks some skills of older guys, but just look at his results - they're by no means very impressive. in this context, what i'm wondering is why OPQS, having such a 'champ' (arguably their best cyclist this season!) in their squad, sort of abandons him in the decisive moments?

i agree he seems to do too much work riding as high as 2nd or 3rd, but then again - it's his teammates' job to ride in front of Kwiatek, not Kwiatek's to ride behind them :idea:

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 2:08 pm 

g_doraz wrote:
KWalker wrote:

I double dare you to be positive. Just once.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I double dare you to actually read many of my positive posts. A great example is how I changed my stance on Taylor Phinney as he has evolved as a rider. Or the posts where I compliment people on their bikes. The pro forum is about pro gear and shooting the shit about pro cycling. Its all conjecture and its OK to disagree. I simply see something different in this case.

In this case its not negative on my part, its a weakness on their part. Both of those riders are often attacking off the front a bit too early or leading their group the most out of any rider in the group. It might work in some cases, but in others they seem to be sapped and finish just off the podium. I like both racers, but its frustrating because they could probably do even better in some scenarios by being more patient. Sagan in Roubaix this year was a great example. Sagan's aggression was great when he was still a bit unknown as a rider, but since then teams have figured out how to largely contain him and its now working against him save for the odd sprint or late move like in Strade Bianchi. Everyone is quick to blame their teams, but its not a team support issue. Kwiatkowski has one of the strongest teams in the world in every race with more than enough capable riders. Cannondale might be less strong, but they're not slouches either. Its not like being on Europcar or something.

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 2:19 pm 

Nutty week for the Yates boys. Simon goes down w/ a broken collarbone the same day his brother, Adam, confirms his climbing chops and now he's taken a stage and the lead by a second at the Tour of Turkey. I know it's not a 5* field, but colour me impressed.

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 2:38 pm 

viviani beat mark cavendish in a straight sprint? with cavendish and full blown leadout and all? :shock:

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 3:19 pm 

tymon_tm wrote:
has anyone who watched the Tour de Romandie stage 2 today had the impression that Iglinsky pushed Kwiatkowski out of his way in the final meters, causing Kwiatek to loose Tony Martin's wheel, and forcing him to start his sprint way to early :?:

welcome to pro cycling.

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 4:35 pm 

Chris Froome is like a new age Fernando Escartin. I cant get over how sloppy he looks when goes for it on a climb.

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 5:03 pm 

lol'd forreal.

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 5:11 pm 

Good comparison. It's kinda counterintuitive how bad he looks on a bike but is so quick. I personally do not like watching him ride.

I guess his less than perfect spring isn't hurting him too much on the fitness.

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 9:04 pm 

Worse than froome's style is any interview with Spilak. The guy is a real disaster at speaking :D

Posted: Fri May 02, 2014 9:04 pm 

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 9:24 pm 

He is known as man of few words and usually let his legs do the talking ;)

Go to page Previous  1 ... 1601, 1602, 1603, 1604, 1605, 1606, 1607 ... 1796  Next