Weight Weenies
* FAQ    * Search    * Trending Topics
* Login   * Register
HOME Listings Blog NEW Galleries NEW FAQ Contact About Impressum
It is currently Mon Jan 23, 2017 6:40 pm

All times are UTC+01:00





Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 28331 posts ]  Go to page Previous 11560 1561 1562 1563 15641889 Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 2:00 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2008 4:55 am
Posts: 617
There are more than a handful of toys that have been created there that have not seen the light of day outside of Santa Cruz or Morgan Hill. One of the perks of running certain departments and some cool stuff for sure.

_________________
Just ride ..


Top
   
 
Posted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 2:00 am 


Top
   
 
PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 2:04 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Nov 10, 2006 6:23 pm
Posts: 291
Anyone care to speculate as to why this Lotto rider would be taking a feed from a Belkin mussette?

Http://i58.tinypic.com/2jbk5qt.jpg

http://pelotonmagazine.com/shutter/sunadas-view-a-rainy-and-cold-milan-san-remo/

_________________
http://ddubcustomsportswear.com


Top
   
 
PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 2:12 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 26, 2007 1:57 pm
Posts: 7918
Location: San Francisco, CA
wingguy wrote:
Image

That's not rideable -- it's made of wood.

Too bad, as when I first saw it I thought it was extremely cool.

_________________
http://djconnel.blogspot.com/
Fuji SL/1


Top
   
 
PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 11:30 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2012 4:27 pm
Posts: 572
Razor wrote:
Anyone care to speculate as to why this Lotto rider would be taking a feed from a Belkin mussette?

Http://i58.tinypic.com/2jbk5qt.jpg

http://pelotonmagazine.com/shutter/sunadas-view-a-rainy-and-cold-milan-san-remo/



it happens often. sometimes if riders can't get to their own cars ( like in a breakaway) other cars will service them. riders in the break will sometimes share food/water as well. It's a you-scratch-my-back-I'll-scratch-yours agreement, especially if team sports directors know each other. It's less common because of the presence of nuetral support, but some teams will on occasion lend other riders a wheel if they need one.

Things in the peloton are actually quite friendly, although it can get complicated if you piss other teams ( especialy the bigger ones, with more presence and 'respect' ) , so it pays to be on generally good terms with everyone.


Top
   
 
PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 2:22 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Nov 10, 2006 6:23 pm
Posts: 291
davidalone wrote:
Razor wrote:
Anyone care to speculate as to why this Lotto rider would be taking a feed from a Belkin mussette?

Http://i58.tinypic.com/2jbk5qt.jpg

http://pelotonmagazine.com/shutter/sunadas-view-a-rainy-and-cold-milan-san-remo/



it happens often. sometimes if riders can't get to their own cars ( like in a breakaway) other cars will service them. riders in the break will sometimes share food/water as well. It's a you-scratch-my-back-I'll-scratch-yours agreement, especially if team sports directors know each other. It's less common because of the presence of nuetral support, but some teams will on occasion lend other riders a wheel if they need one.

Things in the peloton are actually quite friendly, although it can get complicated if you piss other teams ( especialy the bigger ones, with more presence and 'respect' ) , so it pays to be on generally good terms with everyone.


Yeah, I've seen the opposing teams' follow car hand a water bottle to a rider who is not on their team but that is usually in a breakaway situation. I just thought it was weird to take a feedbag considering the Belkin soignuer is actually standing there holding the bag and waiting for his rider to snatch it. Perhaps, the Belkin rider did snatch it, and handed it over to the Lotto rider (they could be ex-teamates). Could be.

_________________
http://ddubcustomsportswear.com


Top
   
 
PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 2:57 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 11:20 am
Posts: 1436
Think about the Belkin - Movistar spats over last year.

_________________
"Step forward the climber and all those who worship at the altar of lightness" - R. Millar


Top
   
 
PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 3:27 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Aug 06, 2010 1:35 pm
Posts: 2091
Location: Geneva
Damien Gaudin from AG2R running the Focus CX bike today at Dwars.


Top
   
 
PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 3:29 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Aug 06, 2010 1:35 pm
Posts: 2091
Location: Geneva
I think the Sky-Movistar spats have probably been the biggest ones over the past couple of years, no?


Top
   
 
PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 5:13 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2008 4:55 am
Posts: 617
Guess on the booties?

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/photos/ ... ren/298150

They look like speed skater booties of some kind ...

_________________
Just ride ..


Top
   
 
PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 5:18 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:21 pm
Posts: 183
Location: London, UK
Razor wrote:
Yeah, I've seen the opposing teams' follow car hand a water bottle to a rider who is not on their team but that is usually in a breakaway situation. I just thought it was weird to take a feedbag considering the Belkin soignuer is actually standing there holding the bag and waiting for his rider to snatch it. Perhaps, the Belkin rider did snatch it, and handed it over to the Lotto rider (they could be ex-teamates). Could be.


"What is bothering me is that again today I had an accident in the feed zone. Oh geez. I never crash in the feed zone and now it is twice in one Tour. I’m so embarrassed.

I was behind a Europcar rider that missed his feed bag. So I grabbed it for him. But then my team was waiting for a bag just after. And sure enough I dropped one of them right into my wheel and fell. Oh did I feel stupid!" -Jens Voigt http://www.bicycling.co.za/race-news/to ... oser-baby/

So yeah, it's nice to lend a hand to other riders, especially when the weather's making everyone feel like crap.


Top
   
 
PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 8:36 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Dec 28, 2009 8:30 pm
Posts: 5427
Location: Bay Area
I haven't heard of such spats, please post links to them.

_________________
Don't take me too seriously. The only person that doesn't hate Froome.
Gramz
Strava


Top
   
 
PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:22 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Aug 05, 2012 7:50 am
Posts: 85
Great race i Catalunya today

Final K's Volta Ciclista a Catalunya 2014 - Stage 3 - FINAL…: http://youtu.be/8uoUDgLKKag


Top
   
 
PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 11:51 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2008 4:55 am
Posts: 617
http://cdn.velonews.competitor.com/file ... 60x440.jpg

Another shot of the mystery booties.

_________________
Just ride ..


Top
   
 
PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 11:57 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu May 14, 2009 12:19 pm
Posts: 1400
Location: Norway
Terpstra's shoe covers surely do look a lot like the one's I use - they were made for speedskaters originally, but Spinno (http://www.spinno.no) now specifically targets them for cycling aswell. Spinno makes fully custom aerodynamic clothing for speedskaters, cross country skiers and even special suits for ski jumpers. Their TT suit has been very popular with Norwegian track cyclists (not that there are many of them!) and is essentially a modified speedskating skinsuit.

Spinno also has a silver fabric like this. Guessing Terpstra has some friends or a connection in speedskating and got them from them :-)

Mine in action, all white though: https://scontent-a-ams.xx.fbcdn.net/hph ... 3103_n.jpg


Top
   
 
PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 12:19 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2008 4:55 am
Posts: 617
Yup - the fabric looks spot on - my girlfriend was a speed skater too! Looks like I have some emails to send :)

_________________
Just ride ..


Top
   
 
Posted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 12:19 am 


Top
   
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 28331 posts ]  Go to page Previous 11560 1561 1562 1563 15641889 Next

   Similar Topics   Author   Replies   Views   Last post 
There are no new unread posts for this topic. 2017 'PRO' cycling discussion.

[ Go to page: 119 20 21 22 23 ]

in Cycle Chat

Nefarious86

332

31741

Mon Jan 23, 2017 5:43 pm

KWalker View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. Garmin Edge 820 Discussion Thread

[ Go to page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ]

in Cycle Chat

EvilEuro

88

9335

Tue Oct 18, 2016 10:57 am

petal666 View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. Interval Discussion and Resource Thread

in Training

RyanH

11

1520

Sun Sep 18, 2016 8:19 pm

RyanH View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. ALE cycling clothing

[ Go to page: 1 2 3 ]

in Cycle Chat

mdeth1313

38

4091

Sat Dec 03, 2016 11:37 am

mdeth1313 View the latest post


All times are UTC+01:00


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], Haydn, Mockenrue, nathanong87, Norregard, punk, sun and 6 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited