"PRO" Cycling Discussion

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderator: Moderator Team

wpccrunner
in the industry

by wpccrunner

Any one else notice the new Lazed helmets Lotto Belisol is sporting at the TdU?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

maquisard

by maquisard

no you aren't! :thumbup:

by Weenie

pastronef

by pastronef

while his team mates at TDU are wearing Alpina helmets, Mourey rode the cyclocross in Nommay still with an Uvex helmet

http://www.cyclingnews.com/races/uci-cy ... tos/290363

AGW

by AGW

dgasmd wrote:Aside from the issues in Argentina, am I the only one that thinks Phinney is the new Farrar? You know, the US's new most over-rated underperformer!!

More like Hincapie than Farrar.

xnavalav8r

by xnavalav8r

dgasmd wrote:Aside from the issues in Argentina, am I the only one that thinks Phinney is the new Farrar? You know, the US's new most over-rated underperformer!!

Seriously? Phinney's a 3rd year pro with top finishes in some of the most prestigious races on the calendar. A silver medal in elite TT worlds, 4th in both the TT and road race at the Olympics, Maglia Rosa in his first Giro. Most pros would kill to have his palmares after a career and this is only his third season. I can't imagine why anyone would call him an underperformer. He is just getting started.

AGW

by AGW

Also winner of the jr. P-R and a US champ.

743power
Shop Wrench

by 743power

wpccrunner wrote:Any one else notice the new Lazed helmets Lotto Belisol is sporting at the TdU?

Didn't see it but Lazer has a new top line helmet due out called the Z1.
"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius -- and a lot of courage -- to move in the opposite direction."

dereksmalls

by dereksmalls

AGW wrote:Also winner of the jr. P-R and a US champ.

I'm hoping this is the year he is the designated BMC leader at P-R, dude must be missing it having won the the junior version twice

mm1

by mm1

Geraint Thomas is also a winner of junior PR. I'd love to see a race like 1981, with a super leading group battling it out. G and Stannard, Phinney, Oss, Sagan and other young riders taking the fight to Boonen and Chinny, can't wait.

djm

by djm

Phinney is definitely not another Lance and I think everyone who likes cycling can enjoy that. Phinney is damn good and has just gotten started.. third year pro for crying out loud.

KWalker

by KWalker

I gave him a lot of shit for his first two years mainly because of how much media coverage he got his first two seasons, but he's got a pretty good engine and has had some good early performances. He will only get better as the years go on and there are not many riders in his vein that will be successors to the Cancellara/Martin throne.
Don't take me too seriously. The only person that doesn't hate Froome.
Gramz
Failed Custom Bike

dgasmd

by dgasmd

I never said he sucked and was not good. I said he was over-rated and underperformed! The US media following cycling has made him into the messiah's second coming winning everything and then some, yet he has hardly won (first place) much. That's not to say he won't develop into a super strong rider that eventually will tear new holes, but he has not matched the media expectations or noise!

petepeterson

by petepeterson

I think you are confusing overrated with over exposed which tends to happen with young american talent from CO with velonews. Plus his pedigree, success at a young age, and endorsement from LA are perhaps why you feel that way. He's just 23. But then so is Kwiatkowski.

Kjetil

by Kjetil

petepeterson wrote:I think you are confusing overrated with over exposed
This.
Bianchi-Campagnolo

Geoff

by Geoff

@Pastronef, that Nommay Round was great!

by Weenie