"PRO" Cycling Discussion

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

SolidSnake03

by SolidSnake03

Awesome! One of the few i really like along with movistar that is
Looks like I made a new 90 Proof friend

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

That's a great looking jersey. :)
Exp001 || Other projects in the works.

KWalker

by KWalker

I really don't care for most of the Garmin team, but I have to say that that is actually a really good design. The first time that I've seen them really pull off the Argyle with a normal chest panel.

As for the AG2R kits its always one of my favorites, especially in person with the dark brown shorts.
Don't take me too seriously. The only person that doesn't hate Froome.
Gramz
Failed Custom Bike

dereksmalls

by dereksmalls

Cav still running Sram hydraulic calipers - possibly an old training bike as they were all recalled

lippythelion

by lippythelion

Really like the back of the Garmin Sharp jersey :thumbup:

xnavalav8r

by xnavalav8r

Sram is offering free replacements to all their hydraulic road and cx brakes. Apparently the issue was that seals failed in the sub-zero temperatures experienced at a cross race. There were no reported failures of the road brakes. Sram came up with a more resilient seal that will function at extreme temps. I suspect pro riders like Cav were the first to get them.

euan

by euan

That will be why they are replacing all of their top CX athletes bikes with mechanical at the US nationals? Giving the importance of those athletes to the American market and immediate need, you'd think they would get them first.

Also I believe SRAM stated that below freezing temperatures accelerated the seal failure and it would eventually fail anyway regardless of temperature. It affected seals on the brakes and levers.

KWalker

by KWalker

I know someone that had 3 seal failures and none were below 0. Don't trust press releases.
Don't take me too seriously. The only person that doesn't hate Froome.
Gramz
Failed Custom Bike

xnavalav8r

by xnavalav8r

According to this article, the exchange is offered to all riders (amateurs included). It also says an exchange of hydraulic rim brakes is available at the same time/location. So I presume that means the issue with the hydraulic rim brakes has already been resolved.

http://velonews.competitor.com/2013/12/bikes-and-tech/sram-to-offer-free-hydraulic-brake-replacement-at-u-s-cyclocross-nationals_312115

Kastrup

by Kastrup

Cool detail with handlebar tape on the hoods instead of the usual rubber.
"Stay cool and try to survive" A. Klier to the other members of the Garmin classics squad the night before P-R.

GorrGrimWolf

by GorrGrimWolf

Kastrup wrote:Cool detail with handlebar tape on the hoods instead of the usual rubber.

Guess the main reason behind this is that Bauke Mollema is alergic to the rubber that Shimano is using for the hoods. At least I think its him... Maybe he saved couple of grams by doing this as well, who knows?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

djconnel

by djconnel

Obvious clash on the green and celeste but then the point of pro bikes is to promote the sponsors, not to make a design you or I'd want to ride.

Garmin-Sharp's bikes look the best, I think.