"PRO" Cycling Discussion

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderator: Moderator Team

by ultyguy

CBJ wrote:
ayrej2 wrote:yep, he's even said he won't ride again with the current route: http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/cavendish-to-skip-milan-san-remo-in-2014

I hope I am not wrong for like the race better this way. Sorry Cav.

I know that the route has changed, part of the joke that he'd never get over the extra hills w/ that 'winter layer'

Bummer for Rogers. :cry: I doubt you're blood doping or anything for the Japan Cup, sounds like a 'real' contamination if you ask me. I think he was clean post-Tmobile...

by Weenie

by Stefano

Idk, if he can ride the tour when he's this fat
http://cyclingweekly.media.ipcdigital.c ... ottles.jpg
looks like he'll be fine :)

by bikewithnoname

Roger rides for Contador's team and test positive for clenbuterol, a huge coincidence of that there can be no mistake.
"We live in an age when unnecessary things are our only necessities." Oscar Wilde

Pegoretti Responsorium, Parlee Z5i, Donhou Commuter, 1946 MacLeans Featherweight L'Eroica!, 2x MTB 'dales

by dereksmalls

Cav kind of looks like Hushovd in that photo

by jmilliron

Guess Rogers really wanted a win in 2013 and got a little greedy with his regimen. Maybe he wasn't as worried about testing at a relatively minor race.
2013 Wilier Cento1 SR || 2009 Ridley Crossbow || 2011 Yeti AS-R 5 Carbon

by bricky21

Just a thought. What are the chances of food contamination by someone working for the team who is legitimately using Clenbuterol for Asthma?

by AGW

I doubt it. There aren't many places where clen is legal for human use.

by Anders3404

But the WADA testing institut i Cologne did a minor test on 29 turiststed who recently had been to asia (exactly where is unknown) for clenbuterol and 22 could not pass a drug test

Sendt fra min HTC One med Tapatalk

by wingguy

I've pointed this out before, but it's called tactics. Sky are ruthless in how they use even their top domestiques, they chew them up and then spit them out the back of the group. Saxo (for whatever reason) didn't do that. Take Ventoux this year - Rogers finished in 12th, better than any Sky rider except Froome, but contributed practically nothing for Contador. He was obviously riding well, just not being used for such a focussed purpose as within the Sky ranks.

by ichobi

Well now he came out and said 'food poisoning' from something he ate in Japan. Unlikely as many teams were extra careful in eating anything in China (tour of beijing) UCI even told them to not eat any beef over there. Argos brought their own food.

by jooo

Interested to know if there were any plasticisers found...

Testing positive for something that seems like a 'preparation' at the end of the season seems strange, but maybe he's basically getting pinged for re-injecting old blood like Contador?

Tinea Pedis

by Tinea Pedis

euan wrote:
Tinea Pedis wrote:
euan wrote:Its only perceived to be a delay because it was leaked.

When you send a mail out to the media, it hitting social media isn't exactly a leak.

True, but a leak is still a leak regardless of who gives out the info. It was still way earlier in this process than we would normal hear about such cases

Well no, because if you didn't want it released then why send an official media release...

And lets keep the Rogers speculation to facts please. majklnajt, I'm looking at you specifically.

by petepeterson

Well not a good fall for the new clean cycling and all these nice trustworthy guys from the Commonwealth. Thought everyone quit cold turkey in '06!?!

by Kjetil

Oh please.

by Weenie

by xnavalav8r

I'm no apologist for dopers. But the Clenbuterol thing seems really worrisome to me. Multiple riders testing positive for the substance all while (or shortly after) racing in Asia... specifically, in China.

There is documentation to prove that certain regions in the world, including China, illegally use Clenbuterol and other substances in their meat and poultry industries. Maybe there is something to the defense (and to that of Contador) that the substance was unknowingly ingested in the food.