HOT: Active* forum members generally gain 5% discount at starbike.com store!
Weight Weenies
* FAQ    * Search    * Trending Topics
* Login   * Register
HOME Listings Articles FAQ Contact About




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 26315 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 1403, 1404, 1405, 1406, 1407, 1408, 1409 ... 1755  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 8:15 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Dec 28, 2009 8:30 pm
Posts: 3653
Location: Bay Area
tl;dr again?

_________________
Don't take me too seriously. Super Six Evo Hi-Mod


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 8:30 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 31, 2007 10:32 pm
Posts: 7518
Location: Los Angeles / Glendale, California
Tldr? Really?

Ok:

Your argument is invalid.
Period.

_________________
Exp001 || TeamLACBC


Top
 Profile  
 
Posted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 8:30 pm 


Top
  
 
PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 9:49 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jan 07, 2011 6:58 am
Posts: 773
Location: 604
Fair point on Wurf's newness KW. But would you agree though that he would be much better informed than you or other skeptical fans on what is going within the veulta peloton?

Point being that if there were any rumors (like Vini Fantini in the giro) or doubts about Horner within the group don't you think Wurf would have heard? And if he heard do you think he would risk looking like a fool in print? To me that holds a lot of weight.

For the record I don't really care if he did or didn't but I thought Wurf's diary said a lot more than other riders not saying anything.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 2:28 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 06, 2005 7:27 pm
Posts: 299
KW:

Several riders, who weren't asked, and who wouldn't know one way or the other anyway, didn't say Horner was clean. Therefore, Horner must be dirty. Perfect logic! :roll:

_________________
“If you save your breath I feel a man like you can manage it. And if you don't manage it, you'll die. Only slowly, very slowly old friend.”


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 5:44 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 29, 2009 4:30 pm
Posts: 1478
petepeterson wrote:
And if he heard do you think he would risk looking like a fool in print? To me that holds a lot of weight. .


I really don't think the fear of "looking like a fool in print" has ever inhibited anyone on the nutterweb. :|

To be clear, I like Cam's article and believe it. But I just don't look to any single opinion on the net as the final word.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 11:32 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Feb 02, 2011 3:48 am
Posts: 973
KWalker wrote:
petepeterson wrote:

Dude has been in the peloton for a very short period of time. Doubt he's seen enough to prove anything.

very short period of time? 5 years as a pro with a couple of prior years as an amateur. A pro for about as long as Froome or EBH. Sounds like a real noob to me!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 11:07 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Dec 28, 2009 8:30 pm
Posts: 3653
Location: Bay Area
petepeterson wrote:
Fair point on Wurf's newness KW. But would you agree though that he would be much better informed than you or other skeptical fans on what is going within the veulta peloton?

Point being that if there were any rumors (like Vini Fantini in the giro) or doubts about Horner within the group don't you think Wurf would have heard? And if he heard do you think he would risk looking like a fool in print? To me that holds a lot of weight.

For the record I don't really care if he did or didn't but I thought Wurf's diary said a lot more than other riders not saying anything.


I have never heard of any pro cyclist making an accusation of a rider before they're caught. We all hear all this 'the whole peloton was saying....' shit afterwards, but never before.

My argument can't be invalid since it isn't an argument. I think its a little weird, but I don't think its smoking gun proof or ties him to anything. Its more of an observation. I'm seeing very few people outside of Horner's team say anything positive and we saw a lot more riders saying positive things about Froome and Wiggo.

_________________
Don't take me too seriously. Super Six Evo Hi-Mod


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 11:16 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2011 2:44 am
Posts: 1251
KWalker wrote:
petepeterson wrote:
Fair point on Wurf's newness KW. But would you agree though that he would be much better informed than you or other skeptical fans on what is going within the veulta peloton?

Point being that if there were any rumors (like Vini Fantini in the giro) or doubts about Horner within the group don't you think Wurf would have heard? And if he heard do you think he would risk looking like a fool in print? To me that holds a lot of weight.

For the record I don't really care if he did or didn't but I thought Wurf's diary said a lot more than other riders not saying anything.


I have never heard of any pro cyclist making an accusation of a rider before they're caught. We all hear all this 'the whole peloton was saying....' shit afterwards, but never before


closest thing would probably be kittel tweeting about sayar in 2013 tour of turkey. I mean i dunno if other riders can say 'so and so is doping' but kittel seemed pretty vocal and pissed that sayar was leading the tour of turkey....which turned out to be a just reason.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 1:35 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2008 12:09 pm
Posts: 2433
KWalker wrote:

I have never heard of any pro cyclist making an accusation of a rider before they're caught.


I remember some guy named LeMond talking about some guy named Armstrong a while back...

_________________
TED
Schoorl, Noord-Holland, Nederland
Bike Pics
English Custom Steel Internal di2
Litespeed Ghisallo


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 1:50 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 15, 2006 6:02 am
Posts: 2208
Location: On the bike
Didn't realize Lemond was still a pro rider in the peleton.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 10:08 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Aug 06, 2010 1:35 pm
Posts: 1368
Location: Geneva
Degenkolb for Paris-Tours today, would love to see him win his first classic and he's got some form at the moment.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 2:01 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 04, 2006 4:43 pm
Posts: 5063
Location: Wherever there's a mountain beckoning to be climbed
KWalker wrote:
I have never heard of any pro cyclist making an accusation of a rider before they're caught.
Well I guess that depends on what KWalker's intended meaning of "they" is. If "they" refers to the accused, rather than the accuser, then there was a guy named Floyd, who made accusations against a then current Pro named Armstrong, and against himself, while being an active member of the U.S. domestic Pro peleton.

http://articles.latimes.com/2010/may/28/sports/la-sp-floyd-landis-bahati-20100529
http://velonews.competitor.com/2010/03/news/floyd-landis-to-ride-for-bahati-foundation-team_107543

Not only that, but it seems that these accusations by the guy named Floyd played a, perhaps THE, critical role in bringing down the big fished named Armstrong. Now, if only the guy named Armstrong hadn't screwed the guy named Floyd, as perceived by Floyd, out of a job when Floyd's suspension ended 16 months earlier, then maybe the guy named Floyd wouldn't have ratted on the guy named Armstrong. And if the guy named Armstrong hadn't come out of retirement, then he wouldn't have been in a position to screw the guy named Floyd out of a job, thereby not incentivizing the guy named Floyd to rat out the guy named Armstrong.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 3:57 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 27, 2012 2:11 pm
Posts: 358
Location: Tucson, AZ
OK... KWalker was obviously referring to current riders heading to Twitter or making offhand remarks at a press conference about other current riders, ala Kittel re Tour of Turkey.

The WW version of dissent is very annoying to watch unfold. It seems to involve eloquently reaching to the edges of an argument in order to nitpick it to death. Floyd's accusation was made as a part of his own confession, and from the comfy seat of the US Pro scene... and a far, far cry from the Pro Tour.

I wouldn't be very moved if one of Horner's retired old Saturn teammates made an accusation about his recent win.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 4:12 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Nov 07, 2008 1:54 pm
Posts: 367
Location: Northern Italy close to Gavia and Mortirolo
KWalker wrote:
I have never heard of any pro cyclist making an accusation of a rider before they're caught.


not long time ago:
https://twitter.com/marcelkittel/status ... 6539102208
and he was right...

_________________
website: http://massarob.info
Strava http://app.strava.com/athletes/4071
VVSCORE(May14) 99.52 | KOMs 520 | DST ytd 6891Km | Ascent ytd 111738m


Top
 Profile  
 
Posted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 4:12 pm 


Top
  
 
PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 4:41 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Aug 06, 2010 1:35 pm
Posts: 1368
Location: Geneva
ultyguy wrote:
Degenkolb for Paris-Tours today, would love to see him win his first classic and he's got some form at the moment.


:-D


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 26315 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 1403, 1404, 1405, 1406, 1407, 1408, 1409 ... 1755  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: ChristianB, Google [Bot] and 8 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

   Similar Topics   Author   Replies   Views   Last post 
There are no new unread posts for this topic. "Where should alloy tubular rims go" discussion

[ Go to page: 1, 2, 3 ]

in Everything wheels

LouisN

33

2889

Sat Sep 07, 2013 11:53 pm

Canadian View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. Cycling in skiathos!

in Cycle Chat

Beancouter

2

145

Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:13 pm

Beancouter View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. Youth Cycling

in Cycle Chat

xnavalav8r

4

449

Sun Dec 29, 2013 1:02 pm

xnavalav8r View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. Cycling Technology

in Road

YinYang

4

829

Wed Jan 08, 2014 6:12 pm

coloclimber View the latest post


It is currently Wed Jul 23, 2014 8:02 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour




Advertising   –  FAQ   –  Contact   –  Convert   –  About

© Weight Weenies 2000-2013
hosted by starbike.com


How to get rid of these ads? Just register!


Powered by phpBB