"PRO" Cycling Discussion

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

Ahillock

by Ahillock

stella-azzurra wrote:Some clips are restricted to region

For those with issues, use a VPN or even an IP blocker which should do the trick. VPN definitely will if they do a regional block on media material.

djconnel wrote:But today's stage does nothing to address whether Kittel or Cav is the better sprinter.

In a head to head, I would put my lunch money on Kittel. I think stage 10 and 12 of this year showed that much to me. Kittel just has the power and speed right now.

I loved stage 12 commentary by Phil Liggett during the sprint about Cav and how no one can catch Cav during that stage of the race only to have Kittel blow by him for the win. Complete classic.
Last edited by Ahillock on Sat Jul 13, 2013 12:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

KWalker

by KWalker

Contador is an exciting racer. He won the Vuelta last year off of old fashioned good tactics. He also never goes down with a fight (2011 Tour anyone?) and always gives it his all. In an era where everything is calculated and measured its nice to see someone that lays it out there. Watching Cadel limit losses to win in 2011 was the most boring thing in bike racing and I'd rather see Contador do what he does any day regardless of his past than watch another 2011 Tour (which was made most exciting in one stage by Contador himself) than ever watch/listen to Evans again.
Don't take me too seriously. The only person that doesn't hate Froome.
Gramz
Failed Custom Bike

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Wingnut

by Wingnut

KWalker wrote:Watching Cadel limit losses to win in 2011 was the most boring thing in bike racing and I'd rather see Contador do what he does any day regardless of his past than watch another 2011 Tour (which was made most exciting in one stage by Contador himself) than ever watch/listen to Evans again.

More boring than the Sky/Wiggins TDF routine last year...I think not?

KWalker

by KWalker

Yes definitely for simply the fact that Wiggo actually tried to be a lead out man on 2 stages. More liveliness that we saw out of Cadel.
Don't take me too seriously. The only person that doesn't hate Froome.
Gramz
Failed Custom Bike

jooo

by jooo

Really? Evans won a sprint finish on a rolling classic type stage and almost beat Tony Martin in a flat TT. Not only that, he basically spent most of the time in the high mountains, dragging others around by himself. Seems like a pretty solid performance to me. Maybe we watched different bike races :noidea:

ultyguy

by ultyguy

I'm not saying Contador is a saint, but...

At least he's come back clean and is giving it a royal fight. Sure, he didn't do the new culpa of the Garmin boys, but in many respects, it's a similar story, except he's actually a better bike rider than any of those guys, clean or not.

Cycling has such a horrid past, be careful where you draw your love lines based on who got caught and who didn't.

I've got a lot of respect for Cadel, he's got grinta in spades, his Montalcino victory is one for the ages...but he doesn't have panache.

ultyguy

by ultyguy

Oh, and a pick for today? De Gendt.

airwise

by airwise

kevinkalis wrote:Do Rabobank still sponsor a men's team. I saw, what appeared to be a Rabobank team out on the road a few days ago.

They are still sponsoring a development squad here in Europe.

airwise

by airwise

justkeepedaling wrote:I'm not a fan of Contador, but what he did lit up the race. If I had to choose between Contador and Froome, the choice is obvious as to who I want to win. I just hope the teams work together to bury Sky!

Let's be frank. Teams do not have to work together - Sky have a weak team. Even at full strength, their squad for this year lacked the firepower of Saxo and possibly Moviestar.

If Froome wins the Tour this year it will be, to a large degree, in spite of team Sky, not because of it.

Liggero

by Liggero

Contador positive, doped, and banned for 0, nine zeros, andd then a 5... wining tours by 23 or 39 seconds...

Froome best watts oer kg ever seen, winning both tt and mountain stages... clean riders will never win doped ones on the bike, and froome didn't dope yesterday, but he will do so in ventoux, d huez and the final Tt. Froome from uk postal will win thus tour with a huge gap i thun...

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk 2
Happy Trails !!!

MarkGiardini

by MarkGiardini

What ....?
KWalker wrote:chill out perv dogs, homegirl is still only 17.

strobbekoen

by strobbekoen

talk about ignorance.. lol

Tapeworm

by Tapeworm

Liggero wrote:Froome best watts oer kg ever seen,

Not the best watts ever seen.

Liggero wrote:winning both tt and mountain stages...

He didn't win the TT.

Liggero wrote: and froome didn't dope yesterday, but he will do so in ventoux, d huez and the final Tt. Froome from uk postal will win thus tour with a huge gap i thun...

You should work for WADA with all this awesome inside knowledge and then may actually prove useful instead of posting barely legible dribble.
"Physiology is all just propaganda and lies... all waiting to be disproven by the next study."
"I'm not a real doctor; But I am a real worm; I am an actual worm." - TMBG

HammerTime2
Location: Wherever there's a mountain beckoning to be climbed

by HammerTime2

airwise wrote:Let's be frank. Teams do not have to work together - Sky have a weak team. Even at full strength, their squad for this year lacked the firepower of Saxo and possibly Moviestar.

If Froome wins the Tour this year it will be, to a large degree, in spite of team Sky, not because of it.

Some quotes after the first mountain stage last Saturday:
AGW wrote:And now the race for third place can begin. :/
prendrefeu wrote:On the plus side, I can thank Sky for a second year of losing interest in watching any stage-race in which they are participating with a favorite.
KWalker wrote:Why are people surprised that Sky is this good?
micky wrote:The "problem" is that with Sky being so superior as a team, and the route not ideal for attacks, it will end up being a controlled race=boring.

justkeepedaling

by justkeepedaling

Talansky pulled over 7 minutes on yellow jersey group in one stage!?!? DAMN

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com