"PRO" Cycling Discussion

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderator: Moderator Team

Liggero

by Liggero

I´ve tried laced shoes, and they were far far more comfortable, as they distribute the tension and there are never hot spots, once you get the proper tension. Only problem is that you can not re adjust them while riding, but apart from that I can understang why wiggins is on laces...
Happy Trails !!!

by Weenie

djconnel

by djconnel

Tullio Campagnolo, on the legendary Passo Croce d'Aune stage of the 1930 Giro, was the first rider to use full-Velcro shoes.

stella-azzurra

by stella-azzurra

Liggero wrote:I´ve tried laced shoes, and they were far far more comfortable, as they distribute the tension and there are never hot spots, once you get the proper tension. Only problem is that you can not re adjust them while riding, but apart from that I can understang why wiggins is on laces...

Wiggins wants to be 'different'.

Getting hot spots is a different physical issue. I am sure one gets hot spots with and without laces.

If laces were that good every one in the peleton would wear them.
I never took drugs to improve my performance at any time. I will be willing to stick my finger into a polygraph test if anyone with big media pull wants to take issue. If you buy a signed poster now it will not be tarnished later. --Graeme Obree

jooo

by jooo

Have you ever been to a velodrome?

stella-azzurra

by stella-azzurra

Well velonews says that they are lace-up shoes on an FDJ rider.

My apologies they are not Wiggins shoes.

Although Wiggins has used lace up shoes before

http://www.cyclingnews.com/features/pho ... nce/131767
I never took drugs to improve my performance at any time. I will be willing to stick my finger into a polygraph test if anyone with big media pull wants to take issue. If you buy a signed poster now it will not be tarnished later. --Graeme Obree

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

You needed Velonews to tell you what you could have figured out by looking at the logo on the sock?
Or maybe the frame is clearly a Lapierre and there's only one team in the Pro Tour (road) that rides Lapierre?
Exp001 || Other projects in the works.

petepeterson

by petepeterson

He still does. The Bont Zero lace up.

djconnel

by djconnel

More factual than my last post, Luca Paolini now leads Wiggins by 17 seconds. He would lead by at least 22 seconds had he not looked back repeatedly then cruised across the line in a slow salute. What was up with that? Is he simply that stupid or is holding onto the jersey considered undesirable and he was hoping to give up some time?

koebes

by koebes

Tillquist wrote:
racermech wrote:Was wiggo (or any Sky) on the new TT pina??

No

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aorAionRUTA

Look at 0:11 and 2:01! He used the new TT Pina for warm up!

djconnel

by djconnel

Maybe they were afraid it was so fast he'd rear-end the rider ahead of him.

Tillquist

by Tillquist

koebes wrote:
Tillquist wrote:
racermech wrote:Was wiggo (or any Sky) on the new TT pina??

No

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aorAionRUTA

Look at 0:11 and 2:01! He used the new TT Pina for warm up!

Yes, when he warm up, but not in the TTT race........

See all my bike h e r e

koebes

by koebes

I didn't want to correct you; I just wanted to add the info 8)

http://www.cyclingnews.com/features/photos/giro-ditalia-tech-gallery-time-trial-gear-from-stage-2/264353

The Pinarello Bolide Team Sky prepared for the race was put to one side as Wiggins opted to ride his backup Graal

Tillquist

by Tillquist

koebes wrote:I didn't want to correct you; I just wanted to add the info 8)

http://www.cyclingnews.com/features/photos/giro-ditalia-tech-gallery-time-trial-gear-from-stage-2/264353

The Pinarello Bolide Team Sky prepared for the race was put to one side as Wiggins opted to ride his backup Graal

Yes :)
See all my bike h e r e

KWalker

by KWalker

djconnel wrote:More factual than my last post, Luca Paolini now leads Wiggins by 17 seconds. He would lead by at least 22 seconds had he not looked back repeatedly then cruised across the line in a slow salute. What was up with that? Is he simply that stupid or is holding onto the jersey considered undesirable and he was hoping to give up some time?

Probably has no interest in keeping the jersey and have his team do multiple days of work to protect it.
Don't take me too seriously. The only person that doesn't hate Froome.
Gramz
Failed Custom Bike

handler

by handler

Willier wrote:Any info about these shoes:

Those are Sierra cycling shoes. Made in france. Popular among french riders. Cost around 500 €. What I know, they are only made to order. Interesting though is that, they already use Atop "boa" system. Same as the new Bont Vaypor+ and Zero+ uses.
http://www.sierra-shoes.com/

by Weenie