Weight Weenies
* FAQ    * Search    * Trending Topics
* Login   * Register
HOME Listings Blog NEW Galleries NEW FAQ Contact About
It is currently Wed Jun 29, 2016 8:25 am
Recently the board software has been updated and there are some known bugs/failures:
- Avatars are currently not being displayed ✔ FIXED
- Tapatalk connection is currently broken ✔ FIXED
- Avatars cannot be uploaded ✔ FIXED

Please note that we will soon do some changes in WW board template design in case to get a fully mobile/desktop responsiveness board!
If you find more errors please post it here: http://weightweenies.starbike.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=139062


All times are UTC+01:00





Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 28331 posts ]  Go to page Previous 11053 1054 1055 1056 10571889 Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:27 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 12, 2004 8:49 am
Posts: 2181
Location: Denmark
And you know how much Shimano pays for Sky to use their wheels, groups and cockpits, right?

It's a lot, which makes them perfectly able to say that "we pay, you use our stuff". You don't see Wiggo TT'ing on a Speed Concept or a Shiv, even though those things are most probably faster than the Pina's.


Top
   
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:55 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2005 7:11 pm
Posts: 1200
Location: Out there
Mario Jr. wrote:
And you know how much Shimano pays for Sky to use their wheels, groups and cockpits, right?

It's a lot, which makes them perfectly able to say that "we pay, you use our stuff". You don't see Wiggo TT'ing on a Speed Concept or a Shiv, even though those things are most probably faster than the Pina's.

No, you see him tt on a bike that BC had to get designed alongside Pinarello.

You see them using Speedplay pedals, Enve wheels, UKSI bars and stems, Castilli rain jackets,

They'll be using q rings later in the season too.

Shimano can say what they like. Sky will still do what they think they need to in order to win. They don't need the money.


Top
   
 
PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:02 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:43 pm
Posts: 1745
Rodrego Hernandez wrote:
No, you see him tt on a bike that BC had to get designed alongside Pinarello.


When he is racing for Team Sky? Example?


Top
   
 
PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:46 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Nov 20, 2007 7:18 pm
Posts: 608
Rodrego Hernandez wrote:
No, you see him tt on a bike that BC had to get designed alongside Pinarello.


If you compare the Graal and the UK bikes you will see that there aren't many similar design choices

_________________
http://cds-0.blogspot.com


Top
   
 
PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:16 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Dec 28, 2009 8:30 pm
Posts: 5196
Location: Bay Area
Mario Jr. wrote:
plpete wrote:
KWalker wrote:
Was Stannard on round rings?


Yup, round for Stannard - http://www.cyclingnews.com/milan-san-remo/photos/256762" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Another Sky rider on round rings - http://www.cyclingnews.com/milan-san-remo/photos/256561" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Seems like the oval ones are being used a bit more during the long climbing races/stages. I know that is where I prefer mine.


I was told Shimano has put the foot down and demanded that the team uses only Shimano products. Let's see if the big wigs gets to put ovals on when big time comes later in the season.


Not true with shoes or glasses- riders can use whatever they want for both. Pedals require a medical exemption. All of the riders can use the non-round rings if they want.

_________________
Don't take me too seriously.
Gramz
Strava


Top
   
 
PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:39 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 21, 2006 8:57 pm
Posts: 4218
Location: Vicenza
Rodrego Hernandez wrote:
They'll use what they like. Shimano don't have that much input!

Trek are the front runner as bike sponsor if Pinarello don't renew next season.


Trek? Really?


Top
   
 
PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:41 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2005 7:11 pm
Posts: 1200
Location: Out there
wingguy wrote:
Rodrego Hernandez wrote:
No, you see him tt on a bike that BC had to get designed alongside Pinarello.


When he is racing for Team Sky? Example?


The graal was designed by the BC aerodynamics consultant because they would not use the previous Pinarello tt bike.


Top
   
 
PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:03 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Mar 11, 2011 11:33 am
Posts: 1108
Location: Asti, ITALIA
micky wrote:
Rodrego Hernandez wrote:
They'll use what they like. Shimano don't have that much input!

Trek are the front runner as bike sponsor if Pinarello don't renew next season.


Trek? Really?


maybe they are tired of RadioShack

anyway: TREK really? :mrgreen:


Top
   
 
PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:43 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2005 7:11 pm
Posts: 1200
Location: Out there
pastronef wrote:
micky wrote:
Rodrego Hernandez wrote:
They'll use what they like. Shimano don't have that much input!

Trek are the front runner as bike sponsor if Pinarello don't renew next season.


Trek? Really?


maybe they are tired of RadioShack

anyway: TREK really? :mrgreen:


Yeah, really.


Top
   
 
PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:43 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Aug 06, 2010 1:35 pm
Posts: 1974
Location: Geneva
For all the crap that they get, are they really that bad of a bike? Surely the Speed Concept is a pretty quick TT bike as plenty of other teams use it under guise. And the Madone can't be so awful can it? I think the new brake system is crap, but then again, it just won MSR, can't be that bad.

disclaimer: I have never owned nor currently own anything Trek.


Top
   
 
PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:00 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:43 pm
Posts: 1745
Rodrego Hernandez wrote:
wingguy wrote:
Rodrego Hernandez wrote:
No, you see him tt on a bike that BC had to get designed alongside Pinarello.


When he is racing for Team Sky? Example?


The graal was designed by the BC aerodynamics consultant because they would not use the previous Pinarello tt bike.


Source?


Top
   
 
PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:07 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 29, 2008 8:20 pm
Posts: 408
Location: Denmark
ultyguy wrote:
For all the crap that they get, are they really that bad of a bike? Surely the Speed Concept is a pretty quick TT bike as plenty of other teams use it under guise. And the Madone can't be so awful can it? I think the new brake system is crap, but then again, it just won MSR, can't be that bad.

disclaimer: I have never owned nor currently own anything Trek.

Who?


Top
   
 
PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:11 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Mar 11, 2011 11:33 am
Posts: 1108
Location: Asti, ITALIA
munk93 wrote:
ultyguy wrote:
For all the crap that they get, are they really that bad of a bike? Surely the Speed Concept is a pretty quick TT bike as plenty of other teams use it under guise. And the Madone can't be so awful can it? I think the new brake system is crap, but then again, it just won MSR, can't be that bad.

disclaimer: I have never owned nor currently own anything Trek.

Who?


Coppel intead of Time last year
and La Pomme Marseille this year

when i asked "really" i did not meat they are bad bikes at all

just asking about marketing strategy and contracts. never thought about Sky+Trek


Top
   
 
PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:18 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2007 10:17 am
Posts: 609
Location: Latvia
Small continental team riders often use their personal bikes in races.

_________________
Hand made upcycled bicycle tyre belts


Top
   
 
PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 2:12 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Dec 28, 2009 8:30 pm
Posts: 5196
Location: Bay Area
ultyguy wrote:
For all the crap that they get, are they really that bad of a bike? Surely the Speed Concept is a pretty quick TT bike as plenty of other teams use it under guise. And the Madone can't be so awful can it? I think the new brake system is crap, but then again, it just won MSR, can't be that bad.

disclaimer: I have never owned nor currently own anything Trek.


Every single person I know that has a 2010 or newer Trek seems to love it be it the new Madone, Speed Concept, etc. The brand gets a lot of shit in the US for being the go-to brand for newer riders and thus its not exclusive, but the top end models are still awesome bikes. The only reason I got a Super Six was because a Madone with a 7900 or better groupset was just too much cash- I would have rather tried a H1 7 series honestly.

_________________
Don't take me too seriously.
Gramz
Strava


Top
   
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 28331 posts ]  Go to page Previous 11053 1054 1055 1056 10571889 Next

   Similar Topics   Author   Replies   Views   Last post 
There are no new unread posts for this topic. 2016 'PRO' cycling discussion.

[ Go to page: 1285 286 287 288 289 ]

in Cycle Chat

Frankie - B

4322

343805

Wed Jun 29, 2016 8:23 am

Dr.Dos View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. The Cycling Anthology

in Cycle Chat

AJS914

2

382

Sat Nov 28, 2015 7:29 pm

AJS914 View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. Nashville Cycling?

in Cycle Chat

whydobearsxplod

5

544

Thu Oct 08, 2015 2:54 pm

djconnel View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. ALE cycling clothing

[ Go to page: 1 2 ]

in Cycle Chat

mdeth1313

29

1453

Thu Jun 23, 2016 9:26 am

micky View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. Cycling.tv review?

in Cycle Chat

SLCBrandon

12

1050

Fri Feb 26, 2016 12:21 am

AndreLM View the latest post


All times are UTC+01:00


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: agiskamni, Exabot [Bot], mrgray and 7 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited