"PRO" Cycling Discussion

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

LeePaton

by LeePaton

I read all of that. Alcohol?

But I agree Cav would do great at OPQS.

ave

by ave

wining or winning

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

shoopdawoop

by shoopdawoop

Am I the only one who doesnt want Cav to go to OPQS? I would rather he go to Katusha, Movistar or Rabobank. All three teams have some GC guys, but they aren't tour guys. You can argue that Menchov, Valverde or Gesink might do well at the tour but all three really ought to be focusing on winning the Giro, Vuelta or one week stage races. Those are doable for them.

All three of those teams would be able to build up and field an excellent lead out for Cav; especially rabo, would love to see Cav getting his lead out from Renshaw again.

Tinea Pedis

by Tinea Pedis

KWalker wrote:If you see the AG2R kits and bikes in person the brown doesn't look so bad. I kinda like it compared to some of the monstrosities out there.

I have.

And it's terrible. Also struggling to think who, in the Pro Peloton, can match them at present.

"best designed" :lol:

Also have no issue with their bikes, I never even said as much. Anyway, their machines should look dapper next year.

hansonator69

by hansonator69

shoopdawoop wrote:Am I the only one who doesnt want Cav to go to OPQS? I would rather he go to Katusha, Movistar or Rabobank. All three teams have some GC guys, but they aren't tour guys. You can argue that Menchov, Valverde or Gesink might do well at the tour but all three really ought to be focusing on winning the Giro, Vuelta or one week stage races. Those are doable for them.

All three of those teams would be able to build up and field an excellent lead out for Cav; especially rabo, would love to see Cav getting his lead out from Renshaw again.

Cav the Russian :lol:
Slam your stem.

Antoine

by Antoine

I think Sky should keep Cavendish, even with little support he's always able to win.
It's going to be more difficult for Wiggins and Froome in the tour 2013 with Contador, Schleck and young climbers like Pinot .

aerozy

by aerozy

Not only Cavendish should leave SKY but Froome also! QuickStep would be perfect for Cav. No GC contenders, then you've got guys like Chavanel, Tony Martin, Boonen etc that could pull the train to perfection.

Froome should move on to a team that will support him 100% at the tour. I dont believe in the "I win this year, you win next year" comments from Wiggins. He'll be going with all guns blazing. Only problem for Froome is that there arent many teams at the moment looking for a GC contender. And for the spectators it would spectacular to have loads of candidates for the overall win in Cadel, Schleck, Wiggins, Froome, Nibali, Rodriguez, Valverde and Contador all going at each other. Would make for a perfect 100anniversary tour :beerchug:
Factor O2 Rim / Winspace 1500 Disk / Yoeleo R6 Rim / Cervelo S2 Rim

KWalker

by KWalker

Hesjedal can't contend with that group. I bet he probably won't contend a GT again. I would add Rolland to the mix, maybe Gesink.
Don't take me too seriously. The only person that doesn't hate Froome.
Gramz
Failed Custom Bike

LeePaton

by LeePaton

I think Tejay is more likely to contend next year than Cadel. Also don't think Froome has a chance of winning it.

Imaking20

by Imaking20

^THAT. IS. AWESOME!!!

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

aerozy wrote:Froome should move on to a team that will support him 100% at the tour. I dont believe in the "I win this year, you win next year" comments from Wiggins. He'll be going with all guns blazing.

I don't believe Wiggins would have made the podium without the help of Froome.
While the TdF2013 route has not been revealed yet, based on the trends it won't be repeating the multi-ITT format that we saw in 2012. That was Wiggin's advantage and the rest of the days were just managing potential losses.

I do not believe that Wiggins will repeat the TdF. I also do not believe Froome, at this time, is a TdF contender.
I believe Wiggins may have a chance at Vuelta 2013 (route pending), but no chance at Giro 2013.
Froome? :noidea: We may never know until he joins another team, but again Wiggins needs him.

Also: Uran, if he stays with Sky, will be a better GC candidate than Wiggins may ever be. At what point will Wiggins relent to youth?
Exp001 || Other projects in the works.

fa63

by fa63

I see Wiggins going down a similar path to Cadel Evans. Next year, I think he will struggle but won't give up just yet. I predict he will struggle the year after that as well, but then he will step aside and give the younger guys a chance.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Willier

by Willier

Tomorrow in Il Lombardia: Muro di Sormano...nice little climb :mrgreen:

http://vimeo.com/50335883