HOT: Active* forum members generally gain 5% discount at starbike.com store!
Weight Weenies
* FAQ    * Search    * Trending Topics
* Login   * Register
HOME Listings Articles FAQ Contact About

Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 1767  Next
PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 3:47 pm 

once again, Spartacus is putting out a great show. What a powerhouse. Where is he gonna stop?

whats up with Breschela also?

Posted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 3:47 pm 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 4:06 pm 

historic moment for tech/weight weenies. zipp carbon wheels wins the queen of classics
chapeau :up:

2014 Trek 7.9 PO 9070 di2

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 4:17 pm 

yup, saw the smack on his rear wheel exiting sector 5 ?
oh boy, not the smartest race by B.
Great stuff from C, H & F.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 4:30 pm 

spartan wrote:
historic moment for tech/weight weenies. zipp carbon wheels wins the queen of classics
chapeau :up:

I wish it were true then I'd be buying a pair.They just happened to be on the right bike.

I never took drugs to improve my performance at any time. I will be willing to stick my finger into a polygraph test if anyone with big media pull wants to take issue. If you buy a signed poster now it will not be tarnished later. --Graeme Obree

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 5:15 pm 
Shop Owner

Incredible win by Cancellara!

'11 Velocite Geos w SRAM Red || '08 Giant Anthem X0 w SRAM X0 || '93 Pinarello w Shimano 105

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 5:31 pm 

Incredible for sure

Im still wondering how the hell he can put out 1450 watts, seated in flanders

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 6:53 pm 

Gonzo's guide to how not to watch Paris Roubaix:
1) Head out for a heavy night the night before and sleep on friends floor thus having about 4 hours of disturbed sleep
2) Walk for 1.5 hours to get home the morning of the race
3) Pay for a months access to eurosport
4) Prepare food and drink and collapse on sofa just in time for start of coverage
5) Fall asleep for 3 hours
6) Wake up to see an emotional Cancellara crossing the finishing line

Could someone fill me in on what happened between about 80km to go and Spartacus getting emotional? ;)

Dimples: Laminar flow separates more easily from a surface than turbulent air. Delayed separation reduces drag. A groove perpendicular to the flow triggers laminar to turbulent conversion. A spinning object uses dimples so an edge always faces the flow.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 7:27 pm 

From Cycling News:

In between sector 11 and 10, Boonen took a breather at the back of the main group and that's when the race was decided. Cancellara sneaked away from the front and consolidated his sudden advantage on 3000 meters-long sector at Mons-en-Pévèle. The Swiss Champion quickly bridged up with Hoste, Hinault and Leukemans. Of the trio, only Leukemans was able to keep up with the Swiss champion, but in time he too was dislodged.

In the chase group, Boonen's attempt to bridge to Cancellara was unsuccessful in its major objective, but created a selection of eight men. Flecha, Leukemans, Pozzato, Hoste, Hushovd, Hammond and Hinault the men with the tickets to ride. Despite the organisation behind, by the time Cancellara entered the next pavé sector (Mérignies à Le Prez at 216km) his gap was already up to more than half a minute.

George Hincapie and three HTC-Columbia riders were trailing in the second group, but failed in their bid to bridge up to the eight chasers.

As the rest of the race scrambled to defend their position, Cancellara was forging ahead in an impromptu individual time trial, which saw him build a lead of more than two minutes as he commenced the last 20 kilometres.

Flecha's attack typified the apparent desperation of the chase group, who could do nothing to pull back time on the Swiss locomotive that was forging his own path across the pavé. The advantage wavered between 2:30 and 3:00, with almost all the momentum in Cancellara's favour.

When Cancellara hit the Carrefour de l’Arbre with 16 kilometres to race, he had almost three minutes advantage on the bunch. And when he hit sector 3 (Gruson at 244km) the buffer had grown to 3:12, and despite the grimace fixed to his dust covered face he looked every bit a man in control of the situation.

With the final sector of cobbles negotiated, Cancellara sacrificed some of his advantage as he drifted across towards his team car to throw several well-earned high-fives. The little gold Angel trinket given to him by his wife and daughter prior to his Flanders win was again extracted from his jersey pocket as a broad grin stretched across his face.

Sweeping around the final right-hand turn and into the velodrome Cancellara rode his half lap with his hands firmly attached to his handlebars, but as the final loop began so did his celebrations. He first clutched his helmet in disbelief and then raised his arms to salute one of the most commanding Paris-Roubaix victories in recent years.

I never took drugs to improve my performance at any time. I will be willing to stick my finger into a polygraph test if anyone with big media pull wants to take issue. If you buy a signed poster now it will not be tarnished later. --Graeme Obree

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 2:58 am 

As somebody wrote on another forum I really hope he is note doping. At least in my eyes he look strong but and focused and the group following him could not get their act together.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 5:29 am 

Just by the by, anyone else think Hoste was looking a little 'well fed' yesterday? Or was that just me?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 5:39 am 

CBJ wrote:
As somebody wrote on another forum I really hope he is note doping. At least in my eyes he look strong but and focused and the group following him could not get their act together.

That "chase" was pretty pathetic. I don't know what Flecha and the rest of them were thinking? They're watching Cancellara ride away from them and they think that he's going to not win??? Stupid stupid stupid.

Incredible ride by Cancellara.

- Everyone needs Lightweights, even if they're fat and old
- Parts actually made of metal are SO 10 years ago

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 5:56 am 

"Am I disappointed? Yes, I am, and also frustrated because Cancellara attacked at the only moment that I wasn't near the front," said the disappointed Belgian Champion as he talked with the press at his team bus. "He was probably informed by the team car that I was at the back of our group. Then again, I don't think I could have won from Cancellara today, especially not when seeing how he won it. But I wasn't able to defend my chances and that's a bit disappointing. If I would've been dropped by him I would accept that but now it's a bit awkward," Boonen said.

"I wouldn't hesitate to use the same tactics," said Boonen, who had attacked on the asphalted roads too, just a few kilometers earlier. "The timing of the attack was a bit weird. I dropped back after having attacked several times, to see who was in the group and to eat something. There were still about twenty-five riders left in the group and at that section there was a bit of head and cross wind. We were only going at 25 km/h and it was still far away. I don't know how he left but suddenly he had fifty meters."

Aware of the time trial skills possessed by the Swiss champion it was an obvious risk for the group to give him any space. Boonen explains what happened: "I was blocked behind three Columbia riders. I had to pass everybody in the wind and once in front I looked around to organize the chase but nobody wanted to ride. Then I took the pavé at 100 per cent, just like him. I took all the guys back which he had left behind and when coming off the cobbles the gap was still [managable]. There were still four or five guys on my wheel but they said it was good, that it was better to ride for second place; I think that's bizarre," said Boonen.

"It's better to be with only two or three guys who're going flat out than to be in the situation we were in. When there are two or three rotten apples, that ruins everything. It's like the flu; it spreads very quickly. They immediately rode for second place," said Boonen of his efforts to organise the chase.

click here for more :roll:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 6:03 am 

Tinea Pedis wrote:
Just by the by, anyone else think Hoste was looking a little 'well fed' yesterday? Or was that just me?

I dont think it really matters for the spring classics, but he has never been skinny.

Cancellara looks fat on a bike, until you realise it's just lungs

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 6:22 am 

I wouldn't have really mentioned it if not for the fact that he really didn't look like the Hoste of old. Or even of '09.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 7:50 am 

Riders' association questions BMC suspensions

Posted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 7:50 am 

Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 1767  Next