"PRO" Cycling Discussion

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

KB

by KB

Murphs wrote:
KB wrote:Henao designated as team leader for the Vuelta even though Uran is also down to ride, which maybe suggests the latter is choosing it as training for the Worlds. No Wiggins or Froome; that was expected.

Makes more sense to support the guy who isn't leaving

Yes, didn't make sense at first until you pointed that out. I'd forgot Uran was leaving.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

ultyguy

by ultyguy

Funny one from road.cc, Sagan's Champs bike with 'personal' tubs (read Veloflex I reckon, not team supplier Kenda). I picked up some used Fulcrum Zero tubs recently with 'Specialized' tubs, logo around the same place, obviously Veloflex Carbons.

MattSoutherden

by MattSoutherden

ave wrote:As far as I know he's interested in the Worlds - being out of shape now seems strange to me.

Why is he out of shape? Being dropped isn't all about the legs. Sometimes it's in the head.
Snacking on carrot sticks - Where did it all go so wrong?
-
Finsbury Park CC

ave

by ave

Exactly, Matt!

boysa

by boysa

+1. I'd say it was more a matter of, "Do I really want to do this?" Also, if he wants to be ready for Worlds, we don't know what his schedule is dictating for him to peak/be in good form. Obviously this race is only for training and occasionally helping out.
"Deserve's got nothing to do with it." William Munny

plpete

by plpete

Doesn't look like Froome is riding to win this race. Yesterday he was going back to the car to get bottles for other guys, namely Joe D who is the highest placed rider for Sky at the moment.

KWalker

by KWalker

If this board is representative of even 1/100th of the shit Wiggo dealt with then I understand why he is leaving road for the track.
Don't take me too seriously. The only person that doesn't hate Froome.
Gramz
Failed Custom Bike

ultyguy

by ultyguy

Chava to IAM apparently...

OPQS has Vandenbergh and Stybar stepping up, IAM needs relevance, Chava can cash in on his last few years. Sounds like a good one for all involved.

petepeterson

by petepeterson

What do you mean KW?

It's an interesting move - pretty rare to see a endurance guy go back to the track exclusively after making the switch to road.

petepeterson

by petepeterson

I bet Haussler is choked!

plpete

by plpete

That is a pretty interesting move for Wiggo. He might have to put on some more weight for track too! Sky seems to have quite a few guys that can be GC contenders and making all that work is not easy. Don't know how important it is for Wiggo to be on a British team as a Brit but maybe he would have more success on another team.

djconnel

by djconnel

"Joe Dombrowski had to drop out because he was having too many nosebleeds because of the altitude and dry air."
live.cyclingnews.com

ave

by ave

I was wondering if Wiggins had enough of that must-be-very-crazy diet he was on.

ave

by ave

Dombrowski was who they were riding for, wasn't he?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

micky

by micky

Yep, he was supposed to be the team leader but right now Sky seems just having an altitude holiday.