"PRO" Cycling Discussion

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

tymon_tm

by tymon_tm

isn't Horse Categorie awarded with 50 points? :noidea: can't find it nowhere at tdf page...
kkibbler wrote: WW remembers.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

HillRPete

by HillRPete

25 for "hors catégorie", double points when the KOM coincides with the finish line, as far as I remember.

Edit: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mountains_ ... _of_points has it

nathanong87
Resident master of GIF

by nathanong87

ichobi wrote:Jesus, those winks! Someone gotta make the .gif

of this?

wingguy

by wingguy

Yep. HC is 25, summit finishes give double points for whatever cat it is.

jmh

by jmh

sfo423 wrote:What did the 'sponsor' put on Majka's down tube? Certainly was not said 'sponsor' logo.

Same thing the put on Tony Martian's bike a few days ago #WEW1N.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/tour-de-fran ... tos/315498

martinko

by martinko

nathanong87, no. He blinked into camera showing that his moves (and fatigue) were only played. As far as I remember he did it twice, for second before the finish line.

martinko

by martinko

HillRPete

by HillRPete

martinko wrote:nathanong87, no. He blinked into camera showing that his moves (and fatigue) were only played. As far as I remember he did it twice, for second before the finish line.

The way a thread of spittle dangled from his chin for some time made it seem not all was played.

dereksmalls

by dereksmalls

I don't agree with some of the twitter armchair critcis comparing Nibali/Peraud's times to Armstrong et al

#TDF, Pla d'Adet (last 10 km)
2001 | Armstrong 29:21
2005 | Basso, Armstrong 29:59
2014 | Nibali, Peraud 30:05 | prov.

Were Armstrong and co riding on the limit back then or could they have gone a lot faster? Who knows. Believe everyone is clean until proved otherwise I guess

martinko

by martinko

HillRPete wrote:The way a thread of spittle dangled from his chin for some time made it seem not all was played.

You may be right. At first I thought he meant with it that it was play. But blinking has also other meaning in real life, (which I can't find the right words for), something like "hey, I am good".

It was sad to see how Purito was burnt out. I like watching him attack. On the 3rd climb it seemed thar Majka didin't have legs today against Purito (even it was close on the line), but then, on the last climb, everything was different.

dereksmalls

by dereksmalls

Also noted from twitter, supposedly rumours from France that Andy Schleck has a biopassport violation coming out. No source or anything for that and only rumours - don't as me where digger_forum gets his info from, I have no idea but I take it with a grain of salt

Commonwealth Games are also starting this week, any predictions for who will win what disciplines? Not sure if Wiggo is racing in the individual pursuit or not but he is in the teams pursuit

euan

by euan

Wiggins is only racing the TP.

ghisallo2003

by ghisallo2003

dereksmalls wrote: Believe everyone is clean until proved otherwise I guess

Or given the evidence to date throughout cycling history, the opposite !

ave

by ave

#TDF, Pla d'Adet (last 10 km)

Ten Dam only 1:25 slower than Nibali: 372W, 1585 VAM. Maybe a bit different distance, I took the 10.1km Strava segment.

stuka666

by stuka666

I'm really waiting for tomorrows stage, maybe Purito left it all for tomorrow? He said on twitter he would try until the end.. Majka is riding way to good.. and it seems he is going to the Vuelta too.. we'll see how this plays out.

If the battle for the top5 would include the yellow jersey, it would be a hell of a Tour, but even without the battle for the leaders jersey, it is a great race to watch, far better than I expected at first.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com