"PRO" Cycling Discussion

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

djconnel

by djconnel

I predicted this one: his performance dropped off this year so it was a chance to dispense with a rider who if anything was likely to only slip further. Good chance to make an anti-doping stand and reduce payroll at the same time.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Timo

by Timo

beardking wrote:from http://www.facebook.com/thebreakawaycc
Levi Leipheimer has had his contract terminated by Omega Pharma-Quick-Step

Sacking the rider is the same old system that makes that cycling will never change: the managers and doctors are left untouched. Lefevre, Ibarguren, Van Mol, they're in charge year after year after year, despite their dodgy track records.
And if I ever meet an aardvark, I'm going to step on its damn protruding nasal implement until it couldn't suck up an insect if its life depended on it.

artray

by artray

Maybe he wil go to Garmin. For a team set up to have an open policy .Danielson, Vande Velde and Zabriskie and Millar plus JV himself. It's turned in to a graveyard for ex-dopers . Poor old Ryder and Dan .

beardking

by beardking

don't forget dekker

HammerTime2
Location: Wherever there's a mountain beckoning to be climbed

by HammerTime2

djconnel wrote:I predicted this one: his performance dropped off this year so it was a chance to dispense with a rider who if anything was likely to only slip further. Good chance to make an anti-doping stand and reduce payroll at the same time.
Maybe the team fired him because he quit doping. With his advancing years, now more than ever, he needs to "step up"* his game.

* dope, please dope, just don't get caught

dereksmalls

by dereksmalls

Sorry if previously posted - but interesting Phinney interview on legal stuff and his thoughts on it all

http://www.velonation.com/News/ID/13076/Taylor-Phinney-Interview-Getting-the-pill-culture-out-of-the-sport.aspx

tonytourist

by tonytourist

djm wrote:Also at the Gazet Von Antwerpen Bpost Bank Trofee Ronse cross, men's elite, forum member Kyle Kiser - kiserkm! :-D

He's racing a stock 2011 Crux Comp, only with a wheel upgrade. Awesome :thumbup: 8)

Willier

by Willier

What upgrade? He is riding aksiums :unbelievable:

kiserkm

by kiserkm

I didnt properly glue my tubulars and my challenge tires slipped off the rim before the race.. had to borrow some wheels with no tread. Not good on a course like that. Look for me at Koppenbergcross on Nov 1. Same kit, same bike, different wheels.

KB

by KB

dereksmalls wrote:Sorry if previously posted - but interesting Phinney interview on legal stuff and his thoughts on it all

Thanks for the link. He's gone up in my estimation. When riders make statements like that I tend to believe. Maybe an answer to those on here who think everyone's doping.

Willier

by Willier

kiserkm wrote:I didnt properly glue my tubulars and my challenge tires slipped off the rim before the race.. had to borrow some wheels with no tread. Not good on a course like that. Look for me at Koppenbergcross on Nov 1. Same kit, same bike, different wheels.

:thumbup:

ultyguy

by ultyguy

kiserkm wrote:I didnt properly glue my tubulars and my challenge tires slipped off the rim before the race.. had to borrow some wheels with no tread. Not good on a course like that.

PRO :wink: :thumbup:

ultyguy

by ultyguy

Anyone actually watch the Levi movie trailer? Catch the clip where Armstrong does a lazy, 'non-pro' stand up and goes straight back into what looks like Levi (looks like Horner infront of Armstrong) causing him to crash? He trying to insinuate that Armstrong was jealous of his success?

ave

by ave

Did anybody read anything anywhere from Horner after these 200pages?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

majklnajt

by majklnajt

Not defending LA (this time), but looks to me as it was his own fault. Levi`s. (not jeans related)