"PRO" Cycling Discussion

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

xnavalav8r

by xnavalav8r

KWalker wrote:I guess none of us realize that Hansen hasn't read this forum or posted on it in quite a long, long time.

He reads it from time to time. I got a PM from him a few months ago...

ultimobici
in the industry

by ultimobici

btompkins0112 wrote:I think that's kinda the point.....the team was a bunch of dopers, and he is saying that Sir Wiggo was not the exception.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Nope, that is not what he says at all.

The article reports his comments on riders leaving Cofidis, where they had body fat levels of 5-6%, and then losing weight. They then point out that the problem with Boyer is that he presided over riders at Cofidis who were doping on the team and were caught.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

KWalker

by KWalker

Menchov has been under investigation or on suspicion lists for almost 2 years- my guess is that its him.
Don't take me too seriously. The only person that doesn't hate Froome.
Gramz
Failed Custom Bike

Liggero

by Liggero

Rob81 wrote:could BW be the rumoured "passport" guy?
source:http://cyclingtips.com.au/2013/05/the-secret-pro-2/

My bet was on Cobo, Basso, Menchov or Scarponi...

I guess you mean the four of them, not just one. Those have mud til their necks.
Happy Trails !!!

jooo

by jooo

What a soap

I really don't know if I could pick just one :|

It wouldn't surprise me if it is Menchov. It would make the whole Katusha - UCI approval saga just that bit more well handled :lol:

I'd love for it to be Valverde though. Really dislike the guy

Rob81

by Rob81

OT
Yes could be all 4 of them: Basso (2010), Cobo and his Vuelta with climbing speed higher or on par with Contador, Menchov must have some good "protectors" during all these years, and Scarponi was almost fired by Lambre because something was cleraly smelling...but magically now he could be a contender for another Giro, and this's veeery odd....
/OT
Last edited by Rob81 on Sun May 12, 2013 8:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tharmor

by tharmor

Wiggo has thrown in the towel and now this means that there is going to be another girlie soap opera leadin into and inevitably during the entire Tour de France. I used to worship Wiggins' ability. Now I just think he's a Divo.

I am, however, looking forward to the epic climbing battle set to unfold between Froome and Contador. It should be interesting to see TeeJay mix it up a bit too. Lastly, I shouldn't count out at least one or two epic break always containing Andy Schleck trying to frustrate the race for the GC.

jooo

by jooo

Rob81 wrote:OT
well Valverde never won a GC, so in this context he's out :)

The whole issue is very much on topic, like it or not.

How's your history?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2009_Vuelta_a_Espana

Rob81

by Rob81

ops forgot 2009, but I don't think they'll go dig soo deep in past (Basso 2010 too)

btompkins0112

by btompkins0112

You don't think they'll dig deep into the past??!?? Have you missed some drama recently? (LA)

Liggero

by Liggero

LA issue was different, and anyways they broke the rules with lance; according to the rules, after a certain amount of years, your results can't be changed. That is why bjarne riis keeps his tour but LA doesn't.

Valverde was banned already, I don't think they will bother him again. Basso and Cipollini were on the juice, wether they say it or not, they both are in Puerto Operation. Apparently Eufemiano Fuentes, as has been already charged and he wont go to prison, he has nothing to loose now, he is going to confess all of his clients, not just a lot of cyclists, but lots of track and field athletes and a couple boxer and tennis players. And lots of soccer teams and players!!!!! They said in the spanish news that he is just waiting for a good amount of money for his confession, to cash some $.
Happy Trails !!!

Rob81

by Rob81

LA was a big fish, someone to put on 1st pages
Menchov? Cobo? Birillo?...I don't think so.

But if it turns out it's Wiggins, then that's another LA...

ultimobici
in the industry

by ultimobici

Liggero wrote:LA issue was different, and anyways they broke the rules with lance; according to the rules, after a certain amount of years, your results can't be changed.

Suggest you read up first.
http://www.usada.org/default.asp?uid=3788
That's why his claim that the SOL applied failed.

Liggero

by Liggero

ultimobici wrote:
Liggero wrote:LA issue was different, and anyways they broke the rules with lance; according to the rules, after a certain amount of years, your results can't be changed.

http://www.usada.org/default.asp?uid=3788" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

USADA is from USA, rules do not apply to them, as we can read. They are over the rules, as I said. If you read it says that athlete X do not apply to the SOL because of his fraudulent behaviour... As if Bjarne Riis behaviour was not fraudulent... LOL Anyways, that SOL is quite a joke, ir makes no sense, and anyways, it's not applied. Not applied for some, applied for others, like Bjarne Riis.

I really hope Fausto Coppi get all his titles removed too.
Happy Trails !!!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

ultimobici
in the industry

by ultimobici

Liggero wrote:
ultimobici wrote:

http://www.usada.org/default.asp?uid=3788" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

USADA is from USA, rules do not apply to them, as we can read. They are over the rules, as I said. If you read it says that athlete X do not apply to the SOL because of his fraudulent behaviour... As if Bjarne Riis behaviour was not fraudulent... LOL Anyways, that SOL is quite a joke, ir makes no sense, and anyways, it's not applied. Not applied for some, applied for others, like Bjarne Riis.

Problem is Riis was not investigated for his doping, whereas Armstrong was. In the event that Riis is investigated he can expect the SOL to be applied as by admitting his doping 6 years ago, unlike Armstrong who has denied all the way to his "admission" on Oprah. That is why he was stripped. No rules were broken.