"PRO" Cycling Discussion

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

djconnel

by djconnel

Wiggins doesn't do his sponsors or his own reputation any good with these near-daily bike tosses. In any case, it seems like his time trial was likely affected by his crashes. I'm amazed these guys come back from crashes as well as they do.

Good for Italy having Nibali in the lead.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

ultyguy

by ultyguy

ultyguy wrote:I think Dowsett has got a chip on his shoulder, great ride from him.

ya don't say, eh? Wow, what a ride!

stella-azzurra

by stella-azzurra

His interview says other wise.
I never took drugs to improve my performance at any time. I will be willing to stick my finger into a polygraph test if anyone with big media pull wants to take issue. If you buy a signed poster now it will not be tarnished later. --Graeme Obree

ave

by ave

So what does his interview say?

stella-azzurra

by stella-azzurra

He is honored to be placed among the best like Wiggins

His interview will be posted later but this was his interview before the TT

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IxmqKW67ty0
I never took drugs to improve my performance at any time. I will be willing to stick my finger into a polygraph test if anyone with big media pull wants to take issue. If you buy a signed poster now it will not be tarnished later. --Graeme Obree

ultyguy

by ultyguy

Dunno, I he's on the same kit as last year, with a team that's not exactly a true TT powerhouse (though not too bad). I think he's found some new motivation if nothing else, he's definitely stepped it up a notch this year after a solid progression.

Whatever it is, keep on doing it!

euan

by euan

Dowsett did 375W to win today. That is mean not normalised.

Liggero

by Liggero

djconnel wrote:Wiggins doesn't do his sponsors or his own reputation any good with these near-daily bike tosses. In any case, it seems like his time trial was likely affected by his crashes. I'm amazed these guys come back from crashes as well as they do.

Good for Italy having Nibali in the lead.

Well, I'd rather say that his sponsor or his mechanics doesn't do wiggins any good. Considering he was second in a TT that wasn't exactly the best for him with all those hills, by only 10 seconds and a bike switch... He can consider himself lucky. Also having 25mm tubs yeasterday could have saved him maybe... He is behind because of self crashes, non self crashes and material issues, not due to strength. Problem for him is that Nibali seems quite strong, and he will be even stronger in the mountains I think. Still, seems like Evans and Hesjedal are out of the equation now. Tomorrow stage will be great. I think Nibali now is the favourite for the GC, with wiggo second.
Happy Trails !!!

majklnajt

by majklnajt

Love those black overhoes!!
Great ride from Nibali today with great cadence!! Reminded me of someone today....

Monkeyboy3333

by Monkeyboy3333

didn't think much to the new pina then bradley....I wonder if it handles as well as the old one when thrown? Should fly a little further I guess.

euan

by euan

He han a puncture, nothing to do with the bike.

racermech

by racermech

What is the deal with Gesink's bike choice?? Seems like everyone went full TT bike and he chose the propel with TT bars? I wonder if he feel like he has a better fit then he does on the trinity?

http://www.cyclingnews.com/giro-ditalia ... tos/264973

ave

by ave

Liggero wrote:...Still, seems like Evans and Hesjedal are out of the equation now...

Evans? Out? In 2nd place he is. Actually he is more IN than before the Giro's start.

erty65

by erty65

euan wrote:Dowsett did 375W to win today. That is mean not normalised.
Where did you get that info?

pastronef

by pastronef

lo and behold! :mrgreen:

look, a pro on a BMC IMPEC!

http://www.tdwsport.com/en/imagedesk/im ... /id/195345

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com