"PRO" Cycling Discussion

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

CarlosFerreiro

by CarlosFerreiro

He's been doing the "back and forth on the saddle" move for 3 years at least, so you would have to think it is something that the teams have looked at and decided not to change.

micky

by micky

strobbekoen wrote:Froome's hip angle looks better, he doesn't move around on the bike, and his head is always level with his back.

Yep Contador looks unconfortable but as I said I dont see the position being a big factor between the 2.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

savechief

by savechief

I had to double-check OGE's roster to make sure that Matt Goss was actually in this year's Tour:

166th on Stage 1
169th on Stage 5
15th on Stage 6
11th on Stage 10
79th on Stage 12

Does OGE have a designated sprint leader this year?
Time VXRS Ulteam (7.16 kg)
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=120268

ultyguy

by ultyguy

Sorry, but riding hard on someone that flatted is just lame and stupid. What goes around comes around....

ultyguy

by ultyguy

The freaky 'I haven't won in a long time' koala is still firmly in Goss' garage

ultyguy wrote:Image
Goss' garage...

KWalker

by KWalker

Froome's position is worlds better than Contadors, at least to my eye.

Here is what I noticed in the TT:

-Contador's hip angle is much more closed and he has much more lumbar flexion. You can see this on his road bike. On his road bike he opens it by moving forward on the very tip of his saddle. On his TT bike he slides forward, when he decreases his reach and his knee starts "flicking" and pushes back. Also he is not as compact looking from front to rear if you ask me. Lastly, it looks like he has a lot more stress on his shoulders and upper back judging by the way he moves. He could bring his bars probably 2cm up and seat perhaps maybe down 1cm or so and perhaps be on the road to eliminating these problems.

-Froome has none of these issues, just like Wiggins. The 2 just sit there and churn out power and are rarely thrashing around. They look very relaxed and obviously have a very aero position.
Don't take me too seriously. The only person that doesn't hate Froome.
Gramz
Failed Custom Bike

ultyguy

by ultyguy

Thank god for Contador, at least someone's got balls.

Why the f is anyone helping Sky right now. All the lesser GC teams trying to help, idiots. Sitsou and Stannard blown, f-ing AG2r on the front. Hey Cav, remember what Sky did to you last year? :twisted:

stella-azzurra

by stella-azzurra

According to Stephen Roche he said that Contador will not and should not take this laying down. He will and must attack at the right moment. Contador and Riis are experienced enough to know when that time is.
So as Hinault would say ATTACK!
I never took drugs to improve my performance at any time. I will be willing to stick my finger into a polygraph test if anyone with big media pull wants to take issue. If you buy a signed poster now it will not be tarnished later. --Graeme Obree

wojchiech

by wojchiech

I don't think Sagan was even trying. :lol:

stella-azzurra

by stella-azzurra

Nice

And the new overall:

1 Christopher Froome (GBr) Sky Procycling 51:00:30
2 Bauke Mollema (Ned) Belkin Pro Cycling Team 0:02:28
3 Alberto Contador Velasco (Spa) Team Saxo-Tinkoff 0:02:45
4 Roman Kreuziger (Cze) Team Saxo-Tinkoff 0:02:48
5 Laurens Ten Dam (Ned) Belkin Pro Cycling Team 0:03:01
6 Jakob Fuglsang (Den) Astana Pro Team 0:04:39
7 Michal Kwiatkowski (Pol) Omega Pharma-Quick Step 0:04:44
8 Nairo Alexander Quintana Rojas (Col) Movistar Team 0:05:18
9 Jean-Christophe Peraud (Fra) AG2R La Mondiale 0:05:39
10 Daniel Martin (Irl) Garmin-Sharp 0:05:52
I never took drugs to improve my performance at any time. I will be willing to stick my finger into a polygraph test if anyone with big media pull wants to take issue. If you buy a signed poster now it will not be tarnished later. --Graeme Obree

campbellrae

by campbellrae

What happened in the Tour today?! In work so couldn't watch and wont be able to watch the highlights tonight. Why did it split up so much?

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

...and the meme comes out pretty quick as well.
Exp001 || Other projects in the works.

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

ultyguy wrote:Thank god for Contador, at least someone's got balls.

Why the f is anyone helping Sky right now. All the lesser GC teams trying to help, idiots. Sitsou and Stannard blown, f-ing AG2r on the front. Hey Cav, remember what Sky did to you last year? :twisted:

Some other GC contenders and their teams were stuck in Froome's group were trying to minimize their losses, so they helped Froome out.
Cav was up ahead with Saxo, some of the Cannondales, and the Belkins (good on Cav to stick with Sagan for the whole stage, very smart decision early on).

Contador: I don't like his doping past, but have always loved to watch him climb, and he has pretty much *always* been known to be "on top" of the race stage to stage, always aware of race situations and cunning tactics. A very smart rider.
Exp001 || Other projects in the works.

ultyguy

by ultyguy

Yeah, very tricky for the other GC teams. I just think it's f-ing lame UCI point structure that makes people fight for 8th on GC.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

deek

by deek

Now THAT was a bike race.

ultyguy wrote:Sorry, but riding hard on someone that flatted is just lame and stupid. What goes around comes around....

I don't think they were going hard solely because Valverde flatted. Kittel was in the group behind and OPQS was trying to push the pace so Cav wouldn't have to sprint against him.