"PRO" Cycling Discussion

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

anicomp568

by anicomp568

Poor Betancur, he thought to be a winner of today´s stage. It must be a terrible moment of finding out there was one more guy up in the front. :D

Shut Up Legs! (Jens Voigt)

Anders3404

by Anders3404

Yes. Like the race in rome earlier this. I think it was a Lampre guy who thought he he had won. That was by the way a race without radios

All good fun for the spectators :grin:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

strobbekoen

by strobbekoen

The best part was Pantano's face as he was passed by Betancour raising his hands for the 'win'.

Tinea Pedis

by Tinea Pedis

liggero, we are not going down another Lance/USADA doping debate in here.

Same goes for the rest.

Liggero

by Liggero

yes sir!! I´ll switch to ToC now.
Happy Trails !!!

dereksmalls

by dereksmalls

I don't thing Wiggo has given up just yet. Rest day now, 1:30 to claw back, he could still do it. Recoup, regather, reasses. I still hold hope he can compose himself and pull it together. Round up his doemstiques, put it behind him and focus again.

ToC Hushovds Impec looks good. It might actually race a real stage for once, not just a ceremonial stage of the TdF

Zitter

by Zitter

really wish I could have been there for the ATOC start/finish. stupid midterms this week

stella-azzurra

by stella-azzurra

Is this the first time you guys are watching a tour?
Do you know how many mountains there are still to climb?
The high mountains haven't even started and you guys are calling the race. :roll: :lol:
I never took drugs to improve my performance at any time. I will be willing to stick my finger into a polygraph test if anyone with big media pull wants to take issue. If you buy a signed poster now it will not be tarnished later. --Graeme Obree

ultimobici
in the industry

by ultimobici

stella-azzurra wrote:Is this the first time you guys are watching a tour?
The high mountains haven't even started and you guys are calling the race. :roll: :lol:

Nope. 31st year following The Grand Circus.

While the race can't be called, certain aspects can. WIggins is out of it unless he either magically morphs into Herrera or Nibali, Evans & co have misfortunes left right & centre.

ichobi

by ichobi

We will see how he fares with the high mountain, and if his climbing practices really work. No attack no dice so he'a gotta do something.

anicomp568

by anicomp568

Anders3404 wrote:Yes. Like the race in rome earlier this. I think it was a Lampre guy who thought he he had won. That was by the way a race without radios

All good fun for the spectators :grin:

yes, Pippo Pozzato at Roma Maxima :D
Shut Up Legs! (Jens Voigt)

dereksmalls

by dereksmalls

stella-azzurra wrote:Is this the first time you guys are watching a tour?

Of course it's not watching my first GT, but I reckon the GC contenders are all fairly evenly matched and Nibali may be able to hold this advantage until the end. He couldn't take time out of Wiggins at the Tour but he was already behind. Now though he is ahead, so it's defend, defend, defend and maybe attack once or twice. I think the surprise will actually be Cadel.

MattSoutherden

by MattSoutherden

anicomp568 wrote:Poor Betancur, he thought to be a winner of today´s stage. It must be a terrible moment of finding out there was one more guy up in the front. :D

Yeah, he can have a chat with Pippo tomorrow about how much of a plum it makes you look. :lol:

ultimobici wrote:While the race can't be called, certain aspects can. WIggins is out of it unless he either magically morphs into Herrera or Nibali, Evans & co have misfortunes left right & centre.

Remind me again, how much time did Nibali put into Wiggins during the mountain in the Tour?

Hint: Really steep finish: lost 5s, Long climb: lost 18s. Nibali never crested the final summit on a stage ahead of Wiggins.

Nibali looks the hot favourite to me now, but this race certainly isn't over.
Snacking on carrot sticks - Where did it all go so wrong?
-
Finsbury Park CC

wingguy

by wingguy

ultimobici wrote:While the race can't be called, certain aspects can. WIggins is out of it unless he either magically morphs into Herrera or Nibali, Evans & co have misfortunes left right & centre.

Why would Wiggins want to morph into Nibali? Wiggins beat Nibali in the mountains in the Tour :wink:

It is looking very, very good for Nibali but none of Wiggins' problems so far have come from poor form, so if Nibali gets a share of misfortune Wiggins should have the form to take advantage.

RudyMontana

by RudyMontana

More like Sky beat Cannodale in the mountains. BW morphing into VN, maybe not, but maybe a descending tutorial.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com