"PRO" Cycling Discussion

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

KWalker

by KWalker

The wheelbase is so close on Sagan's custom and a 56 he wouldn't have a clue which was which. Having ridden a 58 and 56 CAAD10 with the same stack and reach there is barely any difference in how they handle. Considering Sagan supposedly won a MTB title on his sister's bike in tennis shoes I doubt he would have a clue.
Don't take me too seriously. The only person that doesn't hate Froome.
Gramz
Failed Custom Bike

ultyguy

by ultyguy

Kwiatkowski = en fuego!

3rd victory of the year, wow, too hot too soon?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

KWalker

by KWalker

He was almost there so many times last year that it is not surprising. Definitely a rider to watch although I do not know who else they have that can actually domestique for Uran in the mountains when he will need it.
Gramz
Failed Custom Bike

nathanong87
Resident master of GIF

by nathanong87

ultyguy wrote:Kwiatkowski = en fuego!

3rd victory of the year, wow, too hot too soon?

classics form?

ultyguy

by ultyguy

It seems like there's not much this kid can't do. Been strong on the pave and in the hills and now on the TT. Looking forward to him throwing up something big in a race like Amstel.

wingguy

by wingguy

Fiery wrote:It wouldn't handle the same. Oh, and Cannondale had already had the 54x58 mould made for Daniele Bennati,

Cannondale had not already made the mold for Daniele Bennati. Source: the Supersix Evo did not exist when he rode for Liquigas, and neither did the new Synapse.

Imaking20

by Imaking20

I think we should repeat that at least 4-5 more times for it to finally stick.

Fiery

by Fiery

KWalker wrote:The wheelbase is so close on Sagan's custom and a 56 he wouldn't have a clue which was which. Having ridden a 58 and 56 CAAD10 with the same stack and reach there is barely any difference in how they handle. Considering Sagan supposedly won a MTB title on his sister's bike in tennis shoes I doubt he would have a clue.

I've also ridden a 58 and a 56 set up the same, and while the difference is small, I could feel it enough to know which one I prefer. For me, the difference mostly came from different stem lengths, rather than different wheelbases.

Of course, Sagan is neither you nor me, but him being able to make do on sub-par equipment doesn't mean he is not able to feel a difference - especially considering that he used to ride standard sized frames at the beginning of his career in Liquigas (example). Or do you have sources closer to Sagan than the rest of us, which provide you with unique insight regarding how he feels about his equipment?

wingguy wrote:Cannondale had not already made the mold for Daniele Bennati. Source: the Supersix Evo did not exist when he rode for Liquigas, and neither did the new Synapse.

Well then, I misunderstood the quote ...Cannondale had created a “54x58” mold for former Liquigas rider Daniele Bennati. Now used by Sagan, the frame size features a 54cm seat tube with a relatively long 58cm top tube.
Guess they meant to say that Cannondale skipped the process of determining the exact lengths and angles and instead just copied Bennati's geometry when making the new mould.

KWalker

by KWalker

No insights other than reports of him winning races on sub par equipment very early in his career. Given his results he gets what he asks for apparently.

The fact that you can feel such little differences in trail and wheelbase is fairly impressive.
Gramz
Failed Custom Bike

spandexboy817

by spandexboy817

Excellent promo video from the ToC.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LHyaaAQyGhA#t=28

They also put out their 10min course video today:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S3RzXqdxSd4

Janman

by Janman

Anyone interested in a low milage Pinarello Dogma Sky-edition? :P :evil:

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/team-sk ... u-haut-var
Pedal it!

spartan

by spartan

interesting sram red front brake on a madone 7...i guess even the sponsored rides think bontrager brakes suckkk

https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/ ... 1885_o.jpg
Current Rides:

2023 Tarmac SL7 Di2 9270
ex 2019 S-works SL6
ex 2018 Trek Madone SLR Disc
ex 2016 Giant TCRAdvanced Sl
ex 2012 Trek Madone7

euan

by euan

Or Madone 7 with a non 7 fork so that the team can remain sponsor correct?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

rainerhq

by rainerhq

Cofidis got new bikes for this season, with integrated brakes. But these brakes are so rubbish, that they are using old bikes with normal brakes.
http://www.cyclingnews.com/races/vuelta ... e-1/photos
"Nothing compares to the simple pleasure of a bike ride"