"PRO" Cycling Discussion

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

Liggero

by Liggero

great to see dopers back to cycling, otherwise it would be so boring. Pity he is over 40 y.o. but still great. At least this way is not so overwelming as Froome. Well done Horner!!!!! and also well done to your doctor!!!!
Happy Trails !!!

xnavalav8r

by xnavalav8r

Oh jeez...!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Gazelleer

by Gazelleer

I heard the guy isn't even riding the Vuelta himself. It's called holographic doping. He is in a secret Google office on a blue trainer and his image is projected ahead of Nibali by one of the UCI vehicles in the race.

mrlobber

by mrlobber

Gazelleer wrote:I heard the guy isn't even riding the Vuelta himself. It's called holographic doping. He is in a secret Google office on a blue trainer and his image is projected ahead of Nibali by one of the UCI vehicles in the race.

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: x 1000
Minimum bike categories required in the stable:
Aero bike | GC bike | GC rim bike | Climbing bike | Climbing rim bike | Classics bike | Gravel bike | TT bike | Indoors bike

bearsdidit
Shop Owner

by bearsdidit

Liggero wrote:great to see dopers back to cycling, otherwise it would be so boring. Pity he is over 40 y.o. but still great. At least this way is not so overwelming as Froome. Well done Horner!!!!! and also well done to your doctor!!!!

:roll:

There might a small amount of truth to your statements but let's give him the benefit of the doubt. Secondly, your consistent ramblings about doping is rather dull.

Liggero

by Liggero

It's just such a pity he is now only 3 seconds behind the leader. Give him at least a minute behind, 15 years less, and the same gasoline, and i bet he will make 4th or 3rd in the overall record chart for the Angliru. Even this year, he really doesn't need to make it at his 100% for this year Angliru, he just have to make it 3 seconds better... Real pity.

BTW, talking bout Angliru, is Cobo still alive? He never ever tested positive, neither... LOL
Happy Trails !!!

Liggero

by Liggero

Now back to interesting stuff, i was wondering how is new tech evolving in racing;

- Are now most riders in 25mm tires now for real? all movistar and euskaltel are still in 23mm.
- What about oval rings? are they disappearing? it's perhaps an sponsor thing?
- What about bont shoes? seems like sidi is still king, with the latest s-works coming strong too.
- Any rider/team still in non electronic groupset for regular stages (not time trials), apart from sram teams?

Cheers!! no more doping talk, there's no point I guess.
Happy Trails !!!

KB

by KB

Liggero wrote:Cheers!! no more doping talk, there's no point I guess.

you seem to be keeping the doping issue alive ... as usual.

Good look to Horner. He's rode like a champion in a great race. I hope he wins.

airwise

by airwise

I'm really sorry but Horner reminds me a lot if another American grand tour winner. Purito, Nibali and Valverde grovelling up to the finish in pursuit of a 42 year old after a contract who looks like he's out on a group 2 club ride? Please!

maquisard

by maquisard

He's passed all the drug tests and has released his power numbers, just like Froome and Wiggins.

Maybe he has discovered marginal gains and scientific coaching?

KB

by KB

There's a red under every bed. Gets more like McCarthyism every day on here.

Liggero

by Liggero

maquisard wrote:He's passed all the drug tests and has released his power numbers, just like Froome and Wiggins.

Maybe he has discovered marginal gains and scientific coaching?

Don't forget Cobo!!!! he also passed all the drug test of the current competitions they are taking part in like LA, pantani, ulrich, cipollini, jalabert, olano...

wait 5-10 years, and then we can talk about it, cause right now both froome and horner are cristal clear dopers, until the contrary is proven. Last time I saw an oldy in a GT podium was mister LA...
Happy Trails !!!

stella-azzurra

by stella-azzurra

Check out the final 6K for stage 18

Horner killing it on the 20% grade.

http://www.rtve.es/alacarta/videos/vuel ... a/2017644/

This site (Spanish video commentators) has the complete video of the stages up to stage 18 so far.
I never took drugs to improve my performance at any time. I will be willing to stick my finger into a polygraph test if anyone with big media pull wants to take issue. If you buy a signed poster now it will not be tarnished later. --Graeme Obree

Zitter

by Zitter

I guess innocent until proven guilty doesn't exist everywhere. He gives you no cause to doubt his performance when having proven that he's capable at performing at the top level before and he releases all his data to boot. He's almost 42, but then again, Jens is still performing spectacularly and you're not yelling and pointing fingers at him. Horner trains in San Diego all the time and is the nicest guy in the world and I would never accuse him of doping until I see a positive test. I would be more suspicious of Valverde seeing he actually has been caught doping before, but then again, no positive test and no reason to doubt, so I keep my mouth shut. All this meaningless speculation does nothing except to damage the sport.

As far as the racing goes, chapeau to Kiryienka for holding off those chasers so spectacularly. gives Sky a consolation prize to their otherwise dismal vuelta
Last edited by Zitter on Fri Sep 13, 2013 3:50 am, edited 2 times in total.

ultyguy

by ultyguy

On the subject of Wiggo and SKY, this turned up at the office today. Won at auction, supposedly ridden by Wiggo at the Tour last year but seeing as how it's a Dogma2, I doubt that (think he only rode the newer 65). All those nitpicks aside, auction was for fallen Olympic gold medalist sailor Andrew Simpson, may he rest in peace.Image

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com