"PRO" Cycling Discussion

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

nathanong87
Resident master of GIF

by nathanong87

wiggins on s-works shoes. that's a new development

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

KWalker

by KWalker

Unbranded it seems. I was told earlier this year that Speci was the only brand of footwear Sky was not allowed to ride so its a bit weird.
Don't take me too seriously. The only person that doesn't hate Froome.
Gramz
Failed Custom Bike

geedawg

by geedawg

To be fair to Haussler, at least he was in the first chase group. Last year I don't think he would have even been in that group.

And Farrar's crash, man, I don't know what's up with him. He does crash A LOT. I didn't really see what happened. . .did G.Thomas slip and Farrar was in the wrong place at the wrong time? In any case, it seems that even if crashes aren't Farrar's fault he doesn't have the handling skills to avoid crashing like some other riders may be able to.

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

Maybe if Farrar wore glasses with Transitions lenses he would have better vision, less likely to crash.

Exp001 || Other projects in the works.

pastronef

by pastronef

nathanong87 wrote:wiggins on s-works shoes. that's a new development

either the Bont contract expired or they will not be so happy.
There's no way we could not notice they are Specy shoes. And people who don't notice, don't know Wiggo had Bonts either

maybe they want to try some stuff before they switch everything to Specy? (2014?) the news started last july, before Pina added 1 year more

any knews on how much $$$ can Pinarello still put on the table?

anyway I hope they stay with Pina

HillRPete

by HillRPete

What I love about Cancellara is that he's always there to mix things up. There are many big names (Gilbert, Hushovd etc) who are being talked about beforehand, but Cancellara is always in contention despite everyone watching him. (Sagan too, recently, of course).

Really hope Fabian is getting away with a big win this year.

FeitoSpain

by FeitoSpain

I hope it too.

If Fabian arrives to Flandes and Roubaix with his best shape, he will win. Only a crash or a puncture in the worst moment of the race could stop him. The problem is that his 2010 "cobblestone year" is difficult to repeat, I don't see him in that 100% condition, I mean his legs and his head. However, if he is, it's difficult to find someone that could beat Cancellara'10.

dereksmalls

by dereksmalls

wassertreter wrote:
Really hope Fabian is getting away with a big win this year.

Agreed, last year wasn't that awesome for him. I hope he gets Flanders or Roubaix to quiet the naysayers

MattSoutherden

by MattSoutherden

Speaking of naysayers, I see that Wiggins and Sky attacked on a descent and blew the bunch apart.

Dull, of course. ;)
Snacking on carrot sticks - Where did it all go so wrong?
-
Finsbury Park CC

SolidSnake03

by SolidSnake03

pastronef wrote:
nathanong87 wrote:wiggins on s-works shoes. that's a new development

either the Bont contract expired or they will not be so happy.
There's no way we could not notice they are Specy shoes. And people who don't notice, don't know Wiggo had Bonts either

maybe they want to try some stuff before they switch everything to Specy? (2014?) the news started last july, before Pina added 1 year more

any knews on how much $$$ can Pinarello still put on the table?

anyway I hope they stay with Pina

Aside from the S-Works shoes on Wiggo, I find it interesting how narrow of a stance most of the riders in this photo seem to have at least roughly eye-balling the position of their feet to crank arms
Looks like I made a new 90 Proof friend

petepeterson

by petepeterson

so how do I get all-white S-works shoes?

nathanong87
Resident master of GIF

by nathanong87

How deep is your palmares?

Mario Jr.

by Mario Jr.

plpete wrote:
KWalker wrote:Was Stannard on round rings?

Yup, round for Stannard - http://www.cyclingnews.com/milan-san-remo/photos/256762" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Another Sky rider on round rings - http://www.cyclingnews.com/milan-san-remo/photos/256561" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Seems like the oval ones are being used a bit more during the long climbing races/stages. I know that is where I prefer mine.

I was told Shimano has put the foot down and demanded that the team uses only Shimano products. Let's see if the big wigs gets to put ovals on when big time comes later in the season.

Rodrego Hernandez

by Rodrego Hernandez

Mario Jr. wrote:
plpete wrote:
KWalker wrote:Was Stannard on round rings?

Yup, round for Stannard - http://www.cyclingnews.com/milan-san-remo/photos/256762" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Another Sky rider on round rings - http://www.cyclingnews.com/milan-san-remo/photos/256561" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Seems like the oval ones are being used a bit more during the long climbing races/stages. I know that is where I prefer mine.

I was told Shimano has put the foot down and demanded that the team uses only Shimano products. Let's see if the big wigs gets to put ovals on when big time comes later in the season.

They'll use what they like. Shimano don't have that much input!

Trek are the front runner as bike sponsor if Pinarello don't renew next season.

Mario Jr.

by Mario Jr.

And you know how much Shimano pays for Sky to use their wheels, groups and cockpits, right?

It's a lot, which makes them perfectly able to say that "we pay, you use our stuff". You don't see Wiggo TT'ing on a Speed Concept or a Shiv, even though those things are most probably faster than the Pina's.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com