"PRO" Cycling Discussion

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

anhk

by anhk

Cancellara will not start Japan Cup.
He crashed during training of MTB, so injured at the head and a neck.
But he visit Japan for japanese fan.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

petepeterson

by petepeterson

I get that guys want to make a buck and maintain the Monaco lifestyle after retiring but Hushovd's book press is really annoying me.

So Thor, a pro rider through the 00's was shocked to discover that Lance HAD actually doped at an intimate weekend getaway? In 2011? Is this fiction or an autobiography? I understand folks don't want to piss people off but just picking the low hanging fruit is weak. Not saying the Lance witch hunt needed help but it's pretty lame that you do nothing until you have the opportunity to make a buck. And then the best gossip you write is a topic that has been flogged 1,000 times over.

Oh right, it was definitely Basson's diet that was the issue. I'd rather these guys just not say anything. Not really interested in figuring out who was and wasn't glowing 10 years ago.

Disappointing because I've always been a fan.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/hushovd-im-proof-that-riders-could-win-clean-in-lance-armstrong-era

Samuel Sanchez Gonzalez

by Samuel Sanchez Gonzalez

That's funny because Bassons was often in front of Dufaux and Virenque during early team camps when no one was on PEDs.

HillRPete

by HillRPete

Agreed, I thought Hushovd would have more class than that. On the other hand, he wants to make money, and a little Lance name dropping might help. It's not like anyone gives a shit these days, he's getting some of his own medicine, in a way. But pissing on Bassons is another thing entirely.

dereksmalls

by dereksmalls

Wonder what Lance has to say about Thor?

pastronef

by pastronef

Lance is Thor's buddy don't worry

remember what Kohl said:

"I did not cheat anyone in the peloton, be sure of that. There is like a social organisation within the peloton, these things are accepted. The guys appreciate and respect the efforts of others without taking doping into account."

djconnel

by djconnel

What choice did he have on Bassons? Bassons says it was impossible to compete without doping. Thor competed. Therefore (simple logic) Thor doped. So Bassons is accusing Thor of doping, no question about that. To propose an alternate explanation, that Bassons couldn't compete because Bassons lacked the talent, isn't "pissing on Bassons". It's unavoidable.

Samuel Sanchez Gonzalez

by Samuel Sanchez Gonzalez

djconnel wrote:What choice did he have on Bassons? Bassons says it was impossible to compete without doping. Thor competed. Therefore (simple logic) Thor doped. So Bassons is accusing Thor of doping, no question about that. To propose an alternate explanation, that Bassons couldn't compete because Bassons lacked the talent, isn't "pissing on Bassons". It's unavoidable.

He said at this time it was impossible to win a grand tour or any big races "en costaud" (which means a win with a physical superiority) without doping.

He has been a pro so it would make no sense to say it's impossible to compete.

By the way, this is my interpertation but "en costaud" doesn't refer to sprint finishes.

tymon_tm

by tymon_tm

Christiane Koschier-Bitante was shot by some idiot huntsmen during her training ride :shock:

apparently she suffered only minor injuries to her hip and arm. thankfully the moron who shot her was 'only' using buckshot..

http://velomotion.de/2014/10/christiane ... meisterin/

http://www.expressen.se/sport/jagare-sk ... var-kanin/
kkibbler wrote: WW remembers.

micky

by micky

That happened just few kms from my place; she was warming up, like many others, for a local time trial race.
Unluckily every year there are idiotic hunters causing injuries or even worse.

Wingnut

by Wingnut

Yeah just ask a Mr LeMond ;)

Geoff

by Geoff

How 'bout that KFC?

dereksmalls

by dereksmalls

100!

lippythelion

by lippythelion

Viviani was wearing a different pair of Sidi's at the European Track Championships

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/photos/ ... upe/326607

micky

by micky

And what about his track frame?
During his U23 years he was riding a Cipollini on the track (even on the road in the winter when switching to Liquigas).

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com