"PRO" Cycling Discussion

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

btompkins0112

by btompkins0112

I can't believe that no one is talking about O'Grady's BS excuse that he doped for 2 weeks BEFORE the tour.....c'mon man, how stupid do you think we are? He failed DURING the tour!! Why continue to lie when you've been caught? Juvenile...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

aerozy

by aerozy

^ Guess we now know how he won Paris-Roubaix :x Training and more training
Factor O2 Rim / Winspace 1500 Disk / Yoeleo R6 Rim / Cervelo S2 Rim

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

pastronef

by pastronef

btompkins0112 wrote:I can't believe that no one is talking about O'Grady's BS excuse that he doped for 2 weeks BEFORE the tour.....c'mon man, how stupid do you think we are? He failed DURING the tour!! Why continue to lie when you've been caught? Juvenile...

http://cyclingtips.com.au/2013/07/ride- ... e-judging/

maquisard

by maquisard

Completely agree with that article. Millar covered it well in his book as well, there was tremendous pressure to dope.

However Millar did admit that he used EPO to win some of his greatest achievements like wins at the Vuelta, Dauphine and Worlds TT. O'Grady needs to be more open.

btompkins0112

by btompkins0112

That speaks to the clear double-standard in cases like this.....I don't think he is a bad person, I don't think any are bad people necessarily, but if we condemn one person as a cheat and excuse another because "everyone was doing it" we are not being fair. A lie is a lie no matter who is telling it.

HammerTime2
Location: Wherever there's a mountain beckoning to be climbed

by HammerTime2

pastronef wrote:no more TINKOFF for Rijs in 2014

http://teamsaxotinkoff.com/ny_news.asp?n_id=4131&lang=uk
Riis should bring on Amgen as his sole, or at least, main title sponsor. After all, Amgen was responsible for Riis' fame, earned as a result of his TdF victory.

djconnel

by djconnel

Excellent!

Southern California team:

Almost as good as the old Los Gatos Cycling Team jersey with the ad for the anti-aging doctor.

ave

by ave

I was thinking maybe Alberto needs to be checked, maybe he got Bilharzia from Froome. ;)

5 8 5

by 5 8 5

aerozy wrote:
there are a lot of guys in the peloton who aren’t the riders they used to be only a few years ago
some of the other riders who aren’t smashing the field like they used to.

Have to agree with him 100% on this point. Guess he's talking about Andy Schleck and/or Alberto Contador. Contador was climbing way bellow his previous level. Guess when Contador said that he was 90% of his best coming into the tour he meant 90% of his doped best. As for Andy an ancient broken hip injury aint excuse for everything. Neither is the missing brother factor. Since when does having your brother ride along side you help you climb better?
As for:
when some unnamed French team who had some issues in the Dauphine takes the piss out of the rest of the peloton in previous years then is back to normal this Tour and riding with a little less panache, we have to ask the question.

Guess he is refering to Europcar and Thommy V, correct? Agreed as well! He was completely invisible at this tour with the press giving zero importance to that.

Agree about Contador. Not so sure about Andy Schleck. His head hasn't been right since he got injured.

Cobo can be added into the mix. Done nothing since his Vuelta win.

Bit unfair on Tommy V. He's had big problems with injuries this year. At his first race back from his collarbone break he was taken out by a water bottle.

micky

by micky

pastronef wrote:http://cyclingtips.com.au/2013/07/ride- ... e-judging/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

An australian blog saying that an australian hero doesn't need to be condemned.
Sweet.

While I might agree with it, recent facts seems to show otherwise.

aerozy

by aerozy

^ Tommy V was just me throwing names in the air. Who is the secret pro talking about then? The french team who struggled in the dauphine and tour that were crushing people last year?
Factor O2 Rim / Winspace 1500 Disk / Yoeleo R6 Rim / Cervelo S2 Rim

tinchy

by tinchy

Stuart O'Grady on Lance's confession back at the TDU in January:

''Lance deceived everybody on the planet, us included, so obviously we wanted to believe it also - that he was winning the Tours clean,'' O'Grady said. ''We're all athletes out there suffering through the mountains and you'd like to think he was just training harder and working harder than we were".

Hmmmmmmmm :|

http://www.news.com.au/sport/robbie-mcewen-stuart-ogrady-and-simon-gerrans-cant-forgive-drug-cheat-lance-armstrong/story-fngr0c3c-1226557025866

5 8 5

by 5 8 5

aerozy wrote:^ Tommy V was just me throwing names in the air. Who is the secret pro talking about then? The french team who struggled in the dauphine and tour that were crushing people last year?

FDJ?

btompkins0112

by btompkins0112

Yeah, I think FDJ.....Pinot comes to mind

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

btompkins0112

by btompkins0112

tinchy wrote:Stuart O'Grady on Lance's confession back at the TDU in January:

''Lance deceived everybody on the planet, us included, so obviously we wanted to believe it also - that he was winning the Tours clean,'' O'Grady said. ''We're all athletes out there suffering through the mountains and you'd like to think he was just training harder and working harder than we were".

Hmmmmmmmm :|

http://www.news.com.au/sport/robbie-mcewen-stuart-ogrady-and-simon-gerrans-cant-forgive-drug-cheat-lance-armstrong/story-fngr0c3c-1226557025866

Yeah, more than a bit distasteful......no worries, the Aussies will be throwing out the old "he had no choice because everyone else was doing it.....it's LAs fault" excuse for him.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com