"PRO" Cycling Discussion

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

micky

by micky

trychle wrote:Just like Guerdi said, I believe it is Thomas Dekker.

This article is my reference. (It's written in dutch :sorry: )

http://www.nrc.nl/nieuws/2013/01/23/thomas-dekker-was-klant-bij-dopingarts-spanje/

The real article which was in the newspaper itself listed many arguments why Dekker would be 'Clasicomano Luigi'.
So I was therefore wondering what interview you are referring to Micky?

http://www.cyclingnews.com/features/exc ... r-hamilton

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

fa63

by fa63

HammerTime2
Location: Wherever there's a mountain beckoning to be climbed

by HammerTime2

hansonator69 wrote:http://www.nzz.ch/aktuell/sport/uebersicht/spritzen-setzen-ist-kein-guter-ausdruck--das-toent-abwertend-1.9870576

Here's an interview with Cancellara from 2011. Interesting that the Anglo press didn't pick up on this...
I believe him ... and in the Tooth Fairy ... and Santa Claus ...

KWalker

by KWalker

plpete wrote:
KWalker wrote:Could be, could not be. Yah, adding ramps wouldn't be insanely tough, but when you can charge someone $350 for a minimally machined piece of metal why bother with things that would actually make it worth using?

Why the secrecy? This is after all the pro section :D I've met Joe one time shortly at one of the bike shops in DC. I think he was having something done with his fit or shoes. Really nice guy and looking forword to seeing him grow with SKY and maybe put up some results soon. What a great opportunity! :thumbup:

I wish they would bother especially when charging money like that and do some extra research and development. Shifting ramps and pins are not a radical new idea. But as mentioned above, in many cases it really comes down to a proper install. Some are more straight forward than others and it's a game of millimeters. I could see a LBS not having the time to spend hours on adjusting a FD when they have 10 other bikes to work on but that's why it pays of to learn and do your own wrenching!

I'm not putting words in anyone's mouth and I haven't always lived in DC so it could be anyone really.

I ran them with 7900 and they actually weren't awful. A bit of rub in big/big and they shifted dodgy in the rain, but I guess the problem most dudes are having is on the downshift from big to small. Not really an issue in a Grand Tour when you might only do that twice per stage (or however many climbs there are), but in training could get old.
Don't take me too seriously. The only person that doesn't hate Froome.
Gramz
Failed Custom Bike

OJ

by OJ

What the what!? Do pro athletes dope?

Went back few pages on this and saw some comments that top pro women could compete with top men. I'm sorry to be blunt, but no way. The only female racer I know, who has done men's elite races is Susanne Ljungskog, who rode Scandinavian Open UCI 1.2 races in 2004 and 2005. She was very good at the time. Since my memory is failing me, I had to google, and she was 57. in -04 over 14 minutes behind the winner and finished in the main group for 33. Place in -05 some 4 minutes behind the winner. Scandinavian Open is a hard race as some of the swedes, norwegians, danes and finns on this board might confirm, but it is not an elite professional race.

If you're interested in exciting and eventfull racing, then you should follow junior and amateur races. Mindless attacks and epic battles and there's much more of these races out there than top elite women and men races combined.
http://demarere.blogspot.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

itsacarr

by itsacarr

Not to veer off the doping topic here but just curious if anyone had any interesting insights on Argos Shimano and bike selection .. any idea why none of them ride the AR1? Or if those guys previous to the textreme prototypes were on F1's or FCs?

Just curious.
Just ride ..

Samuel Sanchez Gonzalez

by Samuel Sanchez Gonzalez

Do you know what light vest is wearing Petacchi under the jacket?

Looks awesome

Ghastly

by Ghastly

something from craft I think...

Real shame he's the only one from the team not wearing a helmet and then the special clothing, he must have some priviliges...

Samuel Sanchez Gonzalez

Petacchi is like a cheap Cipo

PS: Don't see "cheap" as rude but Cipo was boxing in another league charism-wise

KWalker

by KWalker

Pozzato is the cheap Cipo. Petacchi is an Italian Zabel.
Don't take me too seriously. The only person that doesn't hate Froome.
Gramz
Failed Custom Bike

dereksmalls

by dereksmalls

Samuel Sanchez Gonzalez wrote:Do you know what light vest is wearing Petacchi under the jacket?

Looks awesome

Really? Looks like he's cut the toes off some long socks and stuck them on his arms

Samuel Sanchez Gonzalez

dereksmalls wrote:
Samuel Sanchez Gonzalez wrote:Do you know what light vest is wearing Petacchi under the jacket?

Looks awesome

Really? Looks like he's cut the toes off some long socks and stuck them on his arms

There are awesome socks :mrgreen:

No kidding seriously I like the design and it must look awesome without the pink/blue light jacket, reminds me of some merinos '?) Northwave leg and arm warmers from 10 years ago :beerchug:

micky

by micky

I think it's some Xbionic long sleeve jersey (I remember seeing him wearing that brand already in some photos months ago).

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

thencameyou

by thencameyou

FDJ have improved their climbing stocks with the addition of Geniez. Looking like the best of the french squads this season:
- Pinot
- Geniez
- Vichot
- Elissonde
(3 in top 15 of Tour de Med)