"PRO" Cycling Discussion

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

ave

by ave

Also Contador sprinting for 6th place yesterday, wow. Unlucky for him, the split was after the other GC men.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

djconnel

by djconnel

The weird thing about the side path rule is it says "if the side path is off the course, you can't ride it". Well, when are you allowed under the rules to ride off the course, or at least to skip part of the course? That's like a super-basic thing in races in general, at least in races which claim to have courses. Hard to see how the rule really changes anything.

Getter

by Getter

At least he kept his helmet on.

SolidSnake03

by SolidSnake03

Going to be honest, the more I see the Evade the more I actually like the profile on it, it seems to follow the head pretty well with minimal bulging out of the sides. Of course it varies a bit head to head but even looking at the guy behind Cipo and you can see how much more the Giro extends out horizontally from the sides.

Oh and Cipo is THE MAN!
Looks like I made a new 90 Proof friend

KWalker

by KWalker

Weird, I think it looks like absolute shit in person and prefer the Air Attack to it.
Don't take me too seriously. The only person that doesn't hate Froome.
Gramz
Failed Custom Bike

SolidSnake03

by SolidSnake03

Different strokes man, different strokes

For me the Air Attack has more of that "Cannonball Head" type of look going on.

Anyhow, Cipo is doing a great job attempting to even out his tan lines....

ave

by ave

I wish there were more breakaway groups succees in races. Very good racing today in the Volta.

dogg

by dogg

gent-wevelgem is tomorrow, is anywhere doing english language coverage??? i see only dutch and french as far as telly coverage goes. anybody know of anyone doing play by play text based coverage?

xnavalav8r

by xnavalav8r

ghisallo2003 wrote:
indigo wrote:
xnavalav8r wrote:Sky will be fine. I remember some big American team a few years back looking like crap at the Dauphine and then some Texan killing the TdF a few weeks later. Something "magical" will happen for Sky in the weeks to come.

Do you really think this lame-o trolling adds to this site ? You know I think this sort of post is really better suited for the other cycling sites, if you really have to.

It is naive, based on cycling history, to think that the fluctuations of performances at this time of year could not be related to doping. You may not want to talk about it, but I don't think is lame to bring it up at all. The comments made had a direct bearing on the direction the thread was taking. Why label someone a troll simply because they talk about doping?

I stand by my original remark. If the GT contenders for the Giro don't perform to their expected levels I will eat my words. Every big GT team in recent history has followed a similar pattern of performance. If you associate it with doping, then that's your assumption. I'm just referring to patterns of performance... however the gains may be achieved.

tcurtbike
Best Freak bike poster

by tcurtbike

dogg wrote:gent-wevelgem is tomorrow, is anywhere doing english language coverage??? i see only dutch and french as far as telly coverage goes. anybody know of anyone doing play by play text based coverage?

Distribution for Flanders Classics races, Cyclingnews will be doing their usual ticker

520 Dan

by 520 Dan

SolidSnake03 wrote:Different strokes man, different strokes

For me the Air Attack has more of that "Cannonball Head" type of look going on.

No, KWalker is right. I agree with you for the evade in the pro peloton BUT I am convinced that they are getting a modified version of the consumer helmet. They are thinner, lower with a smaller tail than the consumer version, which leads me to believe that the pro helmets are sized down.

SolidSnake03

by SolidSnake03

Interesting, I guess I have only seen the evade once on a local ride and aside from that it is just all the shot's of the pro's I'm basing this off of. The one look at the Evade "in the wild" wasn't enough to tell if it was really different in any way. To my relatively un-discerning eye it didn't look different...

Also, seems strange to me that they would produce a different version of the helmet for the pro's but I guess it's possible. Anyone have any real insight or proof of this aside from just looking at pictures? It's an interesting an idea but needs some backing to me.

stella-azzurra

by stella-azzurra

Check out the current top 10 in Vuelta a Catalunya. These are going to be some major players at TDF. If they manage to get there in goof shape.

1 Joaquim Rodriguez Oliver (Spa) Team Katusha 29:41:34
2 Alberto Contador Velasco (Spa) Tinkoff-Saxo 0:00:04
3 Tejay van Garderen (USA) BMC Racing Team 0:00:07
5 Nairo Alexander Quintana Rojas (Col) Movistar Team
6 Andrew Talansky (USA) Garmin Sharp 0:00:18
7 Domenico Pozzovivo (Ita) AG2R La Mondiale 0:00:26
9 Jakob Fuglsang (Den) Astana Pro Team 0:01:00
I never took drugs to improve my performance at any time. I will be willing to stick my finger into a polygraph test if anyone with big media pull wants to take issue. If you buy a signed poster now it will not be tarnished later. --Graeme Obree

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

520 Dan

by 520 Dan

SolidSnake03 wrote:Interesting, I guess I have only seen the evade once on a local ride and aside from that it is just all the shot's of the pro's I'm basing this off of. The one look at the Evade "in the wild" wasn't enough to tell if it was really different in any way. To my relatively un-discerning eye it didn't look different...

Also, seems strange to me that they would produce a different version of the helmet for the pro's but I guess it's possible. Anyone have any real insight or proof of this aside from just looking at pictures? It's an interesting an idea but needs some backing to me.

It might also be a difference in the Euro vs American market thing as there are safety standard differences. I have seen about 25 evades face to face and none of them look like what you see on TV. It is anecdotal and a theory, but the reality is I havent seen an evade on anyone in person that didnt look terrible.