"PRO" Cycling Discussion

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

uraqt

by uraqt

I am sure I am the only one who thinks they should not let him ride, but then they can't let the sprinter finish either. UCI/ASO need to stop the is it a rule or not a rule BS.

How the F&^K can they measure if the seat is level, but not be 100% sure the transponder is there? I think it's amateur hour in those organization. I get making mistakes, but every year there is a "thing" and this only day 3?

WTF

C

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

genesis692

by genesis692

Sure it's a bad way to go out but why do people think King deserves to continue?

He missed the time cut. Pretty simple.

petepeterson

by petepeterson

Back to Gerro... super impressed with his comments on the OGE youtube vid where he continuously referred to "us" and "we" when speaking to the stage 3 victory. Love the humble attitude; seems like a genuine good guy to me!

jmilliron

by jmilliron

genesis692 wrote:Sure it's a bad way to go out but why do people think King deserves to continue?

He missed the time cut. Pretty simple.

Actually, it doesn't sound like he even missed the time cut. Some serious bullshit going on.
2013 Wilier Cento1 SR || 2009 Ridley Crossbow || 2011 Yeti AS-R 5 Carbon

wojchiech

by wojchiech

he's not French... so no slack for him :smartass: :roll: :lol:

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

The judge for this Tour de France is Spanish, not French. Although the race is run by ASO (along with many of the other top races in the calendar), they do not run their races exclusive to one nationality.
Exp001 || Other projects in the works.

Liggero

by Liggero

Out of time is out of time, that guy should go home and recover. no matter if it's 7 seconds or 0.5seconds. It's out of time, period. Otherwise change the rules for Le tour 2014. Rules for Le Tour 2013 can not be changed. So sorry, with sugar on top...
Happy Trails !!!

Jersland

by Jersland

Anyone know what shoes Simon Clarke has been wearing over the last couple days? I first thought they might be the Scott premium road models but the color scheme doesn't match. Earlier in the year he looked to be wearing Gearne shoes. Anyone have an idea :noidea:

mellowJohnny

by mellowJohnny

Liggero wrote:Out of time is out of time, that guy should go home and recover. no matter if it's 7 seconds or 0.5seconds. It's out of time, period. Otherwise change the rules for Le tour 2014. Rules for Le Tour 2013 can not be changed. So sorry, with sugar on top...

This argument works only when the rules are applied consistently, which over the years at the Tour they have not.

uraqt

by uraqt

The issue is the rule is not evenly applied and it is full of loopholes.

From VN..
"At the 2011 Tour stage that finished atop the Galibier, won by Andy Schleck, Mark Cavendish was among an 88-rider group that finished more than 35 minutes back, well outside the 33:07 time"

Simple fix, let him ride this year and send the message/change the rule to 30% or out in 2014, no exceptions. But that is not good for the profits of ASO so that will never happen. They know that controversy makes/gets people watch and that is $$$$$.

I also think the team should make him the poster child for the team, and do everything to rub the ASO nose in to the ground, if he doesn't race, the officials can/won't change their mind it would make them look like fools.

There are twitter rumblings of a rider strike tomorrow, that might do it, but VN says this official is hard nosed so who knows.

C

mentok

by mentok

Jersland wrote:Anyone know what shoes Simon Clarke has been wearing over the last couple days? I first thought they might be the Scott premium road models but the color scheme doesn't match. Earlier in the year he looked to be wearing Gearne shoes. Anyone have an idea :noidea:

have been wondering this also...

mentok

by mentok

If the cut-off rules are enforced hard and fast then eventually the race director will have to kick out somebody who they don't want to kick out which is bad for business. If the cut-off rules are removed or made to be less stringent then riders will take advantage of them (sure, clearing galibier is hard no matter what, but it's fractionally easier if you have an extra 10 minutes to do it so the grupetto will slow down) and it will get silly.

A bit of flexibility is ultimately ideal for everybody except the guy the organisers eventually flex their muscles upon...

MarkGiardini

by MarkGiardini

mentok wrote:
Jersland wrote:Anyone know what shoes Simon Clarke has been wearing over the last couple days? I first thought they might be the Scott premium road models but the color scheme doesn't match. Earlier in the year he looked to be wearing Gearne shoes. Anyone have an idea :noidea:

have been wondering this also...

2014 Diadora Vortex Pro, same as Cadel & Intxausti

https://twitter.com/SimoClarke/status/3 ... 9651590145
KWalker wrote:chill out perv dogs, homegirl is still only 17.

chickenkiev

by chickenkiev

http://www.cyclingnews.com/tour-de-fran ... tos/271620" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

looks like he's wearing Diadora. Vortex Racer?

http://www.diadora.com/scarpe-e-accesso ... diadora_29" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

MarkGiardini

by MarkGiardini

Nope - those Vortex Racer are the 2nd tier, one BOA and velcro strap job.

Cadel, Clarke etc are running the 2014 Vortex Pro, which I'd assume will be available some time this year...
KWalker wrote:chill out perv dogs, homegirl is still only 17.