"PRO" Cycling Discussion

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

indigo

by indigo

xnavalav8r wrote:Sky will be fine. I remember some big American team a few years back looking like crap at the Dauphine and then some Texan killing the TdF a few weeks later. Something "magical" will happen for Sky in the weeks to come.

Do you really think this lame-o trolling adds to this site ? You know I think this sort of post is really better suited for the other cycling sites, if you really have to.

ultyguy

by ultyguy

Froome has had a bit of time out due to the back and prob lacks the race sharpness. I actually like that he's going a bit rouge. His DS even called his attacking 'crazy Froomie.'

I don't like his style but it's cool to see his give it a go even tho he's not at 100%.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

ave

by ave

>Sky is kinda screwed for the Giro are they not?
Who is doing good right now from this year's Giro contenders? Quintana is not too good either.

Kermithimself

by Kermithimself

ultyguy wrote:Froome has had a bit of time out due to the back and prob lacks the race sharpness. I actually like that he's going a bit rouge. His DS even called his attacking 'crazy Froomie.'

I don't like his style but it's cool to see his give it a go even tho he's not at 100%.

It's nice to see him trying to attack, but I can't seem to stop thinking "Look at the road instead of looking down you idiot" when he attacks. I don't mind that he keeps an eye on his numbers, but it just lacks the poise of attacking.
------------
If you dream of being famous - think of what birds do to statues.
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/kermithimself/
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCdCPaXwpeXT_LpuEF0REjqw
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/gotlegscycling/

maquisard

by maquisard

I didn't see much of him yesterday due to the limited coverage because of the weather, but on Wednesday Froome looked awful on the bike. He attempted a few of the 'Vigorous Ventoux' high cadence style attacks but it was not smooth at all. He looked like he was wasting so much energy moving side to side than rather than being smooth and applying it all to the pedals. Contador on the other hand always looks very smooth when going all out on an attack.

The average power by TJ on Vallter 2000 was also apparently quite low yesterday. Surprising that Froome wasn't able to do anything.

ghisallo2003

by ghisallo2003

indigo wrote:
xnavalav8r wrote:Sky will be fine. I remember some big American team a few years back looking like crap at the Dauphine and then some Texan killing the TdF a few weeks later. Something "magical" will happen for Sky in the weeks to come.

Do you really think this lame-o trolling adds to this site ? You know I think this sort of post is really better suited for the other cycling sites, if you really have to.

It is naive, based on cycling history, to think that the fluctuations of performances at this time of year could not be related to doping. You may not want to talk about it, but I don't think is lame to bring it up at all. The comments made had a direct bearing on the direction the thread was taking. Why label someone a troll simply because they talk about doping?

Guerdi

by Guerdi

What are those things under the saddle ?

picture from fizik's facebook, MSR 2014

ave

by ave

camera.
This one. (replay xd)
Probably with extra battery life from the other one.

alpinestar

by alpinestar

Is there any reason there is never any onboard tv feeds? Cameras are so tiny today they can fit everywhere, and the bikes are below the weight limit anyway so some rides with weights added.
UCI against it or?
I watch a lot og MotoGP where the onboard stuff is really cool!

Rob81

by Rob81

page 60, UCI article 1.3.004 & 005 http://www.uci.ch/Modules/BUILTIN/getOb ... 3&LangId=1

see also: http://search2retain.com.au/files/nrteU ... 3A11PM.pdf

Which is, IMO, a retrograde step

indigo

by indigo

It is naive, based on cycling history, to think that the fluctuations of performances at this time of year could not be related to doping. You may not want to talk about it, but I don't think is lame to bring it up at all. The comments made had a direct bearing on the direction the thread was taking. Why label someone a troll simply because they talk about doping?

No, not naive, just tiresome having the thread polluted with asinine doping accusations. If you really want that, try the Cyclingnews fora.
Last edited by indigo on Fri Mar 28, 2014 4:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AGW

by AGW

Epic Cancellara chase right now back to the front group at E3.

dogg

by dogg

too bad it was basically all for nothing. good battle for 1st & the podium spots though. OPQS must be pretty bummed

petepeterson

by petepeterson

I have no problem with doping talk but it needs to be more informed or at least more articulate than the original statement that people are reacting to. When you make blunt statements that are full of assumption and completely disregard the factual context (injuries/illness) it comes across as uninformed and trollish. I am pretty excited to see not everything going exactly to Kerrison's plans this spring because it (hopefully) makes for less predictable stage racing.

Back to the doping talk. Thoughts on Benson's article today? Is there is a correlation between Colombia's recent success as a cycling nation and the lack of testing reported below? On one hand I'm not a fan of doping innuendo and speculation but there's also a lot of things I've seen over the past couple years: The relatively abrupt emergence of Henao, Uran, Quintana, Bentancur, etc. A local domestic pro who coincidentally runs cycling camps in Colombia is rumoured to be on the poe and then gets popped last summer, The cyclinginquisition article on dealing epo etc out of bike shops, and now Henao. Maybe things are adding up, maybe not.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/does-colombias-anti-doping-stand-up-to-scrutiny
http://www.cyclinginquisition.com/2014/01/omerta-and-violence-cost-of-merely.html

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

petepeterson

by petepeterson

Does Castelli have a patent on the Gabba design or something? How have none of the other clothing manufacturers figured it out yet?