"PRO" Cycling Discussion

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

AGW

by AGW

Good thing disc brakes aren't approved yet, cuz that could get ugly!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

ave

by ave

Hm, disc brakes, hidden brakes... I was thinking... Pretty sure that ater disc brakes, the next big thing will be hidden disc brakes. :)

xnavalav8r

by xnavalav8r

Interesting that Ulissi pops for an inhaler at Giro but Froome's is OK. I wonder how much salbutamol was flowing through Froom's veins when he got his special TUE. I'm in agreement with those who believe that a rider who needs this stuff to compete through illness is too ill to compete.

http://velonews.competitor.com/2014/06/news/lampre-ulissi-tested-positive-banned-substance-giro_333381

russianbear

by russianbear

Kinda bummed for that, I like Ulissi. Presumably, they tested Froome the stage he took a puff since he was wearing yellow and he was below the threshold.

euan

by euan

Less than the 24hr limit of what you take with salbutamol (for which a TUE is not required like most asthma medication) or none as Froome doesn't have salbutamol in his inhaler.

caddis

by caddis

That kind of footage should be norm in todays cycling. It should be mandatory f.ex team captains to wear camera on their bikes and directors could pick nice shots from there...

Very interesting video and gives a viewer the whole new perspective about the sport....

euan

by euan

Its a pretty useless shot to use during the live footage though because it tells you nothing about the sprint. Overhead or motocam/wirecam alongside the front riders remains the best view to actually see how the sprint pans out

petepeterson

by petepeterson

Oh how the lines are blurred.

euan

by euan

By the way, the Velonews article is full of errors. The limit is 1600 micrograms not 1000 nanograms. And a puff of an inhaler contains 100micrograms

drainyoo

by drainyoo

The shot would have entertainment value. Brings a lot more excitement to watching a race on TV, which can get boring really fast.

Samuel Sanchez Gonzalez

by Samuel Sanchez Gonzalez

euan wrote:By the way, the Velonews article is full of errors. The limit is 1600 micrograms not 1000 nanograms. And a puff of an inhaler contains 100micrograms

The limit they are talking about is 1 000ng/ml in the urine sample not a certain number of puff per day

euan

by euan

Thats where it gets confusing from the article, if a puff results in 100ng in your urine then surely 16 allowed puffs will result in 1600ng in the sample and so on.

Samuel Sanchez Gonzalez

by Samuel Sanchez Gonzalez

euan wrote:Thats where it gets confusing from the article, if a puff results in 100ng in your urine then surely 16 allowed puffs will result in 1600ng in the sample and so on.

Pharmacokinetics are much more complicated than that.

First issue is: do you really think that the full 100µg of a puff reach the lung tissue? Then what is the kinetic of elimination from lung tissue to the urine? etc etc etc

DuncanS

by DuncanS

Concentration v quantity.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

KWalker

by KWalker

Italians are bad at avoiding the detection of their doping.
Don't take me too seriously. The only person that doesn't hate Froome.
Gramz
Failed Custom Bike

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com