"PRO" Cycling Discussion

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

Mr.Gib

by Mr.Gib

Wiggen's descending was unfortunate. Even he (and others) had their bikes simply go out from under them when they were hardly moving. I'm sure we all saw the spectator trying to help up Sella fall on his ass like the road was ice covered. It would be very interesting to know the exact difference in tire pressure/tire brand/tire size between the riders that stayed up and those that flopped. It was so slippery it may have come down to who got lucky and missed the most slippery bits.

Nice to see Hanson do it. (Reaping the long overdue rewards of a cleaner peloton.) No sympathy whatsoever for Sella.
wheelsONfire wrote: When we ride disc brakes the whole deal of braking is just like a leaving a fart. It happens and then it's over. Nothing planned and nothing to get nervous for.

btompkins0112

by btompkins0112

Don't read a cycle forum expecting to not hear of the days results!! :cheers:

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

russianbear

by russianbear

eric wrote:Thanks for the spoiler. Some people record the stages and watch them later.

Get over it.

euan

by euan

I think today's stage was a bit of a one off for it to be read into whether someone is a good descender or not. Seemed quite pot luck if you came down or not. Even everyone's favourite but never looks that good Nibali went down.

nathanong87
Resident master of GIF

by nathanong87

i wonder how well hansen's shoes drained the water in them [or didn't drain]

Tinea Pedis

by Tinea Pedis

KWalker wrote:So yes, TP, a pro fit critique

You've just regurgitated what he's said :lol:

How about you worry less about their fit and more about getting yours sorted :wink:

Nicely done by Hansen. There is some value now on Wiggins for the overall win, so the bookies are spooked.

johanfl

by johanfl

Well, good on you Hansen.
Congrats and well done :-)

tommasini

by tommasini

For those who haven't been here all that long, Aussie Adam Hansen used to be a great regular here at WW as he progressed up and up through the pro ranks.

Today he solo'd to victory at the Giro!!! :beerchug: http://velonews.competitor.com/2013/05/ ... lia_285911

Adam hasn't visited here for a bit but when he did he was a solid WW'er on one hand - but also he was level headed with his choices......being one who understood that inorder to win you first have to finish.......great to see him doing well!! :up:

Congrats Adam!! :podium:

KWalker

by KWalker

Tinea Pedis wrote:
KWalker wrote:So yes, TP, a pro fit critique

You've just regurgitated what he's said :lol:

How about you worry less about their fit and more about getting yours sorted :wink:

Nicely done by Hansen. There is some value now on Wiggins for the overall win, so the bookies are spooked.

Yes, his two explanations are contradictory and don't make sense (based off his RIDE interview). If they aligned either his TT bike would also have super low bars or his road bike super high bars.
Don't take me too seriously. The only person that doesn't hate Froome.
Gramz
Failed Custom Bike

Tinea Pedis

by Tinea Pedis

Both reduce the 'dead space' between his arms.

I don't see how that is contradictory.

elviento

by elviento

Miller is spot on re Wiggo. Due to bad luck and Giro's peculiarities, he is kinda struggling so far. Being in front without a teammate for long period was really weird yesterday. Makes one wonder whether there is any tension w/ his teammates, especially after the Giro-Tour double comment, etc. (a real bad PR move -- he should have talked to the team management and let the team announce it. Now he is getting a lot of criticism without being assured of Tour leadership).

But for today's ITT, it's time to forget about all that and do a big ride. Weather as of 9:45am is super sunny, although that may not be enough assurance it won't rain. We will see.

Evans sure has big plans for the ITT as well. Nibali will be in defense mode and let's see how he tries to limit time loss. My bet is 2.5 mins.

Blanco has been mostly on non-aero frames. Seems odd since Propel is "the most aero"? I'd like to see Gesink show some determination and ownership of the race.

Oh, Hansen's ride was epic, of course.

Fast falcons: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3mTPEuFcWk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
www.falcobike.com
Facebook: falcobikeglobal

euan

by euan

The rumour that Wiggins is suffering from the same stomach bug that Cataldo was suffering from earlier in the week. Would make sense. Personally I wouldn't expect much from him in the TT. Seeing him at 2/5 to win tells me the bookies are going to lose out.

Privateer

by Privateer

He's not just a WW member. He is THE WW member.

All hail the King of the Weenies!

cydonian74

by cydonian74

I think Wiggins clearly has had some setbacks so far in the Giro. When he was riding at the front in the closing Km's the other day it did seem as though he'd 'lost it' (with the team, the race, the organisation?), but to say that he's blown it or that he's disinterested after yesterday seems unlikely to me.

I think that losing that time on stage 4 set him back and maybe knocked his mindset a bit? Plus if you 'bin it' on a leathally wet road its going to definitely knock your confidence; but he's pretty intelligent and knows that by weighing up the pros and cons (fall again and break something/lose more time VS play to your strengths and take the time properly where he CAN make a significant difference) is the more sensible option. I'm sure he wishes that none of these events had happened, but they did and you move on.

Come the ITT i really do think that, rain or shine (he's a brilliant bike handler!), we will see the Wiggo we all know and he will monster the course. Whether or not in the next few weeks thats going to make any difference to the overall outcome and his chances of winning the Giro is debatable, but i can't think that with Team Sky's meticulous prep, coupled to Wiggins' engine and desire that he is that far off the pace for the overall.

IF the ITT doesn't go the way most of us believe and Wiggins doesn't beast it, then i think its fair to say that he's either ill (theres been talk of the team having stomach virus?) or he's just not as good as we'd (i'd!) hoped he would be. I guess this evening we'll know a bit more, but its not looking too good at the moment.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Leviathan

by Leviathan

Stages like yesterday makes me wonder why no-one brings a cross bike, changes bikes at the top of the last descent and cleans up. Looked like Bambi on rollerskates out there yesterday.